• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem: The Crow (UK BD) ripped/burned to Panasonic BD-50 RE using GBW-H20L

drvais

I have The Crow (UK) Blu-Ray disc and I'm trying to make a movie-only copy on a Panasonic 50GB BD-RE using a GBW-H20L. If I burn the image using ImgBurn (selecting UDF 2.5, of course) the resulting disc will play fine in BSPlayer and TMT. However, this same disc won't play in my PS3.

I also tried copying the complete disc and received the same result. Any ideas?

I have The Crow (UK) Blu-Ray disc and I'm trying to make a movie-only copy on a Panasonic 50GB BD-RE using a GBW-H20L. If I burn the image using ImgBurn (selecting UDF 2.5, of course) the resulting disc will play fine in BSPlayer and TMT. However, this same disc won't play in my PS3.

I also tried copying the complete disc and received the same result. Any ideas?

Sorry, I cannot answer your question but I just wanted to thank you for your post. I wasn't aware a BD release of this existed and I really want it. Is this the release by the studio by the name of Entertainment in Video? I'd really really like to get this movie on BD and want to make sure the quality of the release is worth it.

When you made the copied version did you have Anydvd HD running in the background to remove the copyprotection?

It couldn't hurt to post the log files from the original BD disc:

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Unfortunately, I really know nothing about the PS3 since I don't have one so I'm not very knowledgeable about it in terms of BD playback of originals or backups.

Yes, the original disc is from Entertainment in Video. I have attached the log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_THE_CROW.zip
    146.9 KB · Views: 6
I make full disc backups all the time and play them back on a PS3 and so far have had no problems. Unfortunately I don't have this particular one to test with

First thing I'd do is update the firmware on your drive

1. As Adbear recommended, update your firmware if there is a newer version.
  2. Update to AnyDVD HD 6.4.7.0 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=20466. This update won't fix the problem but I recommend users use the latest version.
  3. I'd also recommend the removal of two upper/lower filters, as well. Even if they aren't the cause of a current problem they could possibly create one down the road with other discs.

ASAPIW2k (system32\drivers\ASAPIW2k.sys), Version: 6.0.2.27 (6.0.2.0)
    Company: Pinnacle Systems GmbH
    Product: asapi
    Copyright: (c) 1997-2003 by Pinnacle Systems GmbH
    Description: ASAPI
    FileVersion: 6, 0, 2, 27
    ProductVersion: 6, 0, 2, 0

drvmcdb (system32\DRIVERS\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.22.7.0 (1.0.0.1)
    Company: Sonic Solutions
    Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
    Description: Device Driver
    FileVersion: 3.22.07a
    • Create a backup of your registry
    • Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
    • Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
    • Select "drvmcdb". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
    • Select "ASAPIW2k". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
    • Reboot

Whatever programs installed those filters will no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed those filters the software will fully work but I would not recommend doing so.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest firmware (YG01).

The LG GBW-H20L Blu-ray burner latest firmware is YG01.

Load the firmware update software program that came with the LG Blu-ray burner or get the latest from the LG website.

Makes it very easy to update the firmware when a new issue is released from LG. And, you can set up the software program from LG so its not running all the time, thus eating up resources, but only when you check if there is a new issue of firmware out does it eat up resources.

My LG GBW-H20L works great, I am looking for cheap warehouse BD-R that will burn at 6X. Hope its forthcomming soon.

:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect the DTS track may to be blame for my troubles. If I use TSMuxer to just pull out the video stream, leaving the DTS stream alone, I can produce a disc that will play in my PS3. However, this is not a real solution because there's no audio. Any ideas anyone?

have you tried telling TSmuxer to convert the audio to AC3?

This is not an Anydvd issue.

Moving thread to the Third Party Products forum . . .

the latest firmware is yl03
please ceck wesite and update ur drive

No, the latest firmware for his model is YG01. He has a GBW-H20L and you're referring to a GGW-H20L (which is now on YL04)

Last edited:
Back