• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem ripping disney's a christmas carol 2010

Drinky, a Brick and Morter rental store. Grey SD disk.

I also just got one out of a Redbox to test for the board - it was the same exact disk, same logfile, and same results.

I'm trying to get my hands on a retail disk too - but no one I know well enough to borrow it for testing has it.

-W

Thanks, I was just curious. I purchased the 4-disc set and I wound up with an SD DVD disc that is erroring just like is happening to everyone else reporting a problem. I'm less than happy so looks like I'll be returning it in about an hour for a replacement. There does appear to be a 1 mm scratch on the outer edge of the disc but I'm not sure if it would be enough to cause a problem but I doubt that's actually the cause of my problem. It does make my arguing for a replacement easier though. :p

same disk

Ok i hope that this is the right posting i have done some experencing with this disc earlier i have successful back up a copy on an slower computer. And have posted in a new thread with logfiles have the same Blockbuster Rental A christmas carol and have tried to back up a copy with my faster computer running the Anydvd 6.7.2.0 on the faster one which is a dell optiplex i have also encountered the same error as everyone else. here is the logfile of the of the one showing the error maybe support team can compare the 2. and see what they come up with.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.2.0_Info_D_CCS-0N-NW1.1_DES.zip
    614.9 KB · Views: 4
So you're saying that with this same disk on 2 different computers you had one machine succeed and one machine fail?
Both machines using AnyDVD 6.7.2.0?

Yes the same Blockbuster DVD rental. one failed and one didnt
I still have the disc its not due back until 9pm
Is there a time stamp within the logfiles, and if so i can do this disc on both my machines with in 5 min of eachother
and post the different logfiles if you like

Last edited:
Worked for me

My PC is about 6 years old and still works great although I have upped the RAM and recently replaced a failed power supply. It has 2 DVD drives, one original and one about 2 years old which replaced one that failed. I primarily only use the newer one (JUN25 ,2007). Why I'm I telling you this? Well I tried this DVD with the newer drive and I heard it stop at 1% and about 20 seconds later gave the error message FileIO 3 VTS_09_1.VOB. I then went here and saw some had it work fine. Then I tried my older drive (MAY17 ,2004) on this same PC and it ripped fine. Same disc, same PC but different drives. Went back and tried the newer drive again and it errored out like before. So something different with the newer hardware is making the difference for me at least.

Hmmmm
That's interesting because both drives I did it on were on the older side too.

I'm going to try both of the disks I have on my "newest" drives... now.
This still has all the earmarks of borderline defective disks - some drives can read them and some can't.

-W

Just got a brand new copy of A Christmas Carol from red box in San Antonio Tx. any dvd decodes it but right after starting clone dvd, stops doing anything and gives an error: VTS_09_.Vob 1162824, asks to clean disk, but disk is perfect, not anything wrong with it.

I ripping A Christmas Carol with AnyDVD 6.7.2.0 using on an older pioneer 116D drive with out a problem. I did have the read errors with two newer Samsung SH-S223F drives in the same system.

Just got a brand new copy of A Christmas Carol from red box in San Antonio Tx. any dvd decodes it but right after starting clone dvd, stops doing anything and gives an error: VTS_09_.Vob 1162824, asks to clean disk, but disk is perfect, not anything wrong with it.

Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I ripping A Christmas Carol with AnyDVD 6.7.2.0 using on an older pioneer 116D drive with out a problem. I did have the read errors with two newer Samsung SH-S223F drives in the same system.

This is getting curiouser and curiouser...
At face value it seems that there's a lot of borderline defective pressings out there. I mean like a whole pantload of them. :bang:

-W

I just wanted to say that my successful back up was on pentium 3, 664mhz with a pioneer dvd-rw 106d. LOL yes u can laugh all you want but hey it does its job:clap::bowdown:

Another example of same computer different drives. My Samsung drive, which is the one I use the most, errors out as Frank indicated in his sticky. My Lite On combination Blu-ray reader / DVD drive back it up ok.

I returned my copy of A Christmas Carol to the store. They had to give me a refund as they sold out of the 4-disc set and were unable to even tell me when they'd get more... if any. I went to another store and bought it. My new set has a number of scratches and wear marks on the disc that likely occurred during transport and general handling but it ripped without any issues. So, yeah, looks like a boatload of badly pressed discs.

I had the same problem at 2% error message.I was using a new IDE Samsung 22X drive and getting nowhere.I remembered that I had 2 SATA Lite-On 24X drives in another case and swapped it with the Samsung.My problems went away and I had my copy that works fine.Another member had a problem with their Samsung drive and switched to a Lite-On drive with success.

Is this possibly a hardware issue ?

A Christmas Carol

Copy protection? Bad disc ?Software ,burner ,player problem?
From my point of view,I do not know what the problem is per se.I have examined and tried all the tools in my arsenal with no luck.I am not experiencing problems with any other titles.
I believe that this issue does point to either a mistake on the part of the manufacturer(benefit of the doubt)or quite possibly a deliberate calculated attempt to block programs such as Any DVD(Disney).I have tried the disc on multiple computers and a couple of DVD players.None have BD capability.All seem to play the disc flawlessly.However when you plug into windows media player,the disc shows as a blue ray.Click on properties and windows reports the disc as close to 60 gigs.There is definitly something wrong here and it is not with the consumer or Any DVD.The disc is definitly not a BD.
There should be something that can be done to work around this kind of disc.
I believe the failure to read errors stem directly from the disc info.Same read errors as everyone else.1-2% processed then error.
Everything is as current on my machines as I can get.

Copy protection? Bad disc ?Software ,burner ,player problem?
From my point of view,I do not know what the problem is per se.I have examined and tried all the tools in my arsenal with no luck.I am not experiencing problems with any other titles.
I believe that this issue does point to either a mistake on the part of the manufacturer(benefit of the doubt)or quite possibly a deliberate calculated attempt to block programs such as Any DVD(Disney).I have tried the disc on multiple computers and a couple of DVD players.None have BD capability.All seem to play the disc flawlessly.However when you plug into windows media player,the disc shows as a blue ray.Click on properties and windows reports the disc as close to 60 gigs.There is definitly something wrong here and it is not with the consumer or Any DVD.The disc is definitly not a BD.
There should be something that can be done to work around this kind of disc.
I believe the failure to read errors stem directly from the disc info.Same read errors as everyone else.1-2% processed then error.
Everything is as current on my machines as I can get.

Bad disks. I got two good ones in a row from 2 different sources - both 100% fine.

-W

Last edited:
I was having the same read errors with my lightscribe dvd drive (Came with computer). I plugged in my usb powered lg netbook drive and it works. I used the exact same disk. Interesting....My 2 cents :clap::rock:

Last edited:
Back