• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem reading any discs with 8.3.3.0

MGRoch

I have a problem with reading discs on the latest version, but the problem goes away when I roll back to 8.3.2.0. I am running Win 7 on an AMD A10 with an external Buffalo Multi-Blu HD-DVD/Blu-ray/DVD reader writer that is basically an LG GGW drive. (HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20N XJ03). When I updated to 8.3.3.0 it stopped recognizing any discs were loaded. As soon as I rolled back, everything was fine again. I have this drive due to having an extensive collection of HD-DVDs as well as DVDs and BluRays. I use MPC-HC x64 and VLC for playback, and have Virtual CloneDrive loaded but not active. Sorry I don't have a log file, as I rolled back as soon as I ran into trouble. I know the drive is OLD hardware, but I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem. I'm also looking for what info I'll need to provide if 8.3.4.0 causes the same issues.

Thanks

Older LG drives should work fine. Please try AnyDVD 8.3.3.1.

Funnily, I had a similar problem after installing 8.3.4.0. In all of my four BD/DVD-drives (Pioneer, 2x LG, Asus) all of a sudden I had problems recognizing discs. AnyDVD would re-start trying to read the discs over and over again, sometimes claimed to have succeeded, but I couldn't play the disc. After re-installing 8.3.3.0 everything was fine again. Maybe it's not a problem with a specific version, but with the installation? I remember that during the 8.3.4.0 installation, anydvd was in use and so the installation claimed, that the system would have to be rebooted after installation, which I did. Then the problems began.

@Achim
I would recommend doing the new version of ANYDVD uninstalling the old version and then installing a new one

@Lukas
I did as you said and 8.3.4.0 seem to work at least for now. Thanks for the advice.

Back