• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem playing ripped DVDs

Spitzklk

I have copied a number of DVDs and found that 80% are not playing back properly. The problem seems to be when the movie is about75% complete it starts to stop, jump forward, move very slow etc.
Does someone have an answer for this problem?:confused:

I have copied a number of DVDs and found that 80% are not playing back properly. The problem seems to be when the movie is about75% complete it starts to stop, jump forward, move very slow etc.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.0: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6400.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. State the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers)

5. If you didn't burn anything, what program did you use to rip?

6. Are you having problems with a burned backup you made, or are you just watching a rip on your hard drive?

7. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

8 ) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Poor quality media and burning too fast. If you don't use Tayio Yuden or Verbatim's please burn at 8x or 12x no higher nor lower. How long the poor media backup will last is another issue.

Poor quality media and burning too fast. If you don't use Tayio Yuden or Verbatim's please burn at 8x or 12x no higher nor lower. How long the poor media backup will last is another issue.

I'd say definitely burn at 8x if the person isn't using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. Honestly, while I tend to burn at 12x rather frequently I've learned that my system handles it just fine. That doesn't mean it will for everyone and the outcome may differ with different systems, different drives and different brands of media. In the end you really don't save that much time by burning at 12x instead of 8x.

On my Lg H55l and Sammy 203N I find it better to burn at 20x but I use verbs too and the scan quality is great or perfect but as you said this is my system and it likes the media and the higher burn speed really well.

Use Verbatim or Ty....burn at 1/2 the rated speed.

1. I'm using AnyDVD 6.4.0.0. Installed yesterday.
2. ok, did this.
3. NA, I own CloneDVD and make my backups with same. I updated this yesterday.
4. Don't know where to get the numbers but updated yesterday.
5. Burned using Clone DVD2
6. Yes, I'm having problems with watching the burned copy on a DVD player7. I'm using Memorex +R the following number is on the hub k7902356E602RF7091605D07067...no othe info available as I discarded the original packaging8. I'm burning at 12x

6. Yes, I'm having problems with watching the burned copy on a DVD player7. I'm using Memorex +R the following number is on the hub k7902356E602RF7091605D07067...no othe info available as I discarded the original packaging8. I'm burning at 12x

Memorex are widely regarded as garbage. I assume these are 16x rated discs? Reduce your burning speed to 8x and see how things go. In the future I would highly recommend using Verbatim discs instead of Memorex.

The problem here almost certainly related to the media and your burning speed. AnyDVD isn't causing this problem if you are having troubles with playing your backups of 80% of the DVDs you copied.

1. I'm using AnyDVD 6.4.0.0. Installed yesterday.
2. ok, did this.
3. NA, I own CloneDVD and make my backups with same. I updated this yesterday.
4. Don't know where to get the numbers but updated yesterday.
5. Burned using Clone DVD2

Burn at 8x or get Tayio Yuden or Verbatim's and save you the headaches.

This isn't an Anydvd issue. Moving thread to the Clonedvd forum . . .

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

6. Why are my backups freezing, hanging, skipping, or showing a blocky pixellated mess during playback?

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not valueline), Verbatim, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

For +R DL blank media, use Verbatim made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Also, check the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're backing up the proper title.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

Back