• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem extracting audio track from Ice Age 5

Tipperton

I am trying to extract the audio track with audio description for the visually impaired from Ice Age 5: Collision Course using AnyDVD 8.0.5.2 beta and DVD Audio Extractor.

The only settings in AnyDVD that have been changed from their defaults are the ones that turn off the bubble and information displays while a disc is being scanned. For a blind person, like myself, using a screen reader, they are more annoyance than helpful.

I go through DVDAE's screens setting up the audio extraction task, no problems, then I start it, everything seems to be working just fine.

Then when it gets to somewhere between 54% and 55% complete, it hangs, and Windows eventually pops up a message that the program has stopped working, this is for DVDAE.

I believe the disc is from the US, that is where I bought it and where I live.
I have created and attached an AnyDVD log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.5.2_Info_R_ICE_AGE_COLLISION_COURSE.ziplog
    171 KB · Views: 5
Try completely exiting out of AnyDVD (right click on the AnyDVD icon down by the clock and choose 'exit') then set the drives region in Windows, restart AnyDVD and try again.

AnyDVD fools Windows into thinking the drive region is set, but with some discs this isn't enough and the drives real region has to be physically set to something. This can only be done with AnyDVD disabled

I am trying to extract the audio track with audio description for the visually impaired from Ice Age 5: Collision Course using AnyDVD 8.0.5.2 beta and DVD Audio Extractor.

The only settings in AnyDVD that have been changed from their defaults are the ones that turn off the bubble and information displays while a disc is being scanned. For a blind person, like myself, using a screen reader, they are more annoyance than helpful.

I go through DVDAE's screens setting up the audio extraction task, no problems, then I start it, everything seems to be working just fine.

Then when it gets to somewhere between 54% and 55% complete, it hangs, and Windows eventually pops up a message that the program has stopped working, this is for DVDAE.

I believe the disc is from the US, that is where I bought it and where I live.
I have created and attached an AnyDVD log file.
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
And yes, you should set your drive region code, too. (Won't help in this case)

My DVD drive's region wasn't set, and considering you can only change it 5 times, I wasn't going to until needed. I set it to region 1. No help. I can hear the drive spinning, but then it stops just before DVDAE and AnyDVD stop reading the disc.

I may have been wrong about this drive, I thought it was connected via USB because it shows up in the list of ejectable devices when I use the Safely remove hardware and eject media icon in the system tray, but the devices description says it is an ATA device. Doh! The icon's name says it all, besides preparing media for removal, it also allows hardware such as a DVD drive to be removed. My mistake there.

Hallo Tipperton,

i've attached a RPC1 (=regionfree) version of latest D700 firmware for your Samsung TS-L632H - you're currently using firmware D400.
Also included the unpatched original D700 firmware.
Just run the Tsdnwin.exe and then select/search the 632HD700_RPC1.BIN.

RPC1 is a general term used for region free. This patch will make your drive region free; however, region free software will also be required to enjoy DVD region free playback on your PC.
If you have DVD discs from only one region, there is really no need for this patch.
More info:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050320091202/xvi.rpc1.org/rpc1regions.html
http://www.doom9.org/rpc1.htm

Attachments

• TS-L632H_FW_D700.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My DVD drive's region wasn't set, and considering you can only change it 5 times, I wasn't going to until needed. I set it to region 1. No help.
Yes, that's what I said.

Thanks for the new firmware! It's always nice to have the latest, as my dad says, companies wouldn't incur the expense of releasing new firmware versions unless there were bugs or problems that needed fixing.

Unfortunately, all this new version did for me was that the drive kept spinning even after DVDAE and AnyDVD had long since stopped reading the disc.

Is it possible that this drive is old enough that it simply can't handle the protection on this disc? This laptop is eight years old after all.

Old enough? There's only one way to know. Insert it, if 7695 complains then you'll need an updated version and RedFox license.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

But, as the read this before posting message suggested, I am running the latest beta, version 8.0.5.2, in trial mode.

Then the only way it won't be supported is if it came out after beta 8052 was released.

According to a quick google search, the Ice Age 5 DVD was released on October 11th, 2016.

with the newly released 8053 it should be supported just fine, or you'd have to have some previously unseen version :)

Oh yeah! A new version to try! Will let you know how it goes.

Unfortunately, the new version made no difference that I can tell.

I have attached another log file using this new version just in case it helps.

If there is anything I can do to help resolve this, just ask and I'll do what I can.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.5.3_Info_R_ICE_AGE_COLLISION_COURSE.ziplog
    149.2 KB · Views: 1
According to the logfile, that disc is supported just fine. But there are a couple read errors and going by James' earlier coment it's likely defective.

Well, unless I was shipped a defective disc, which is always possible, the disc was purchased only a few days ago, and is the only disc I have any problems with.

Unfortunately the only DVD player I have is my computer, so trying the disc in another player isn't an option.

If that's the only title, that should be your clue right there. The drive handles other ones just fine so it's not a drive issue. Just because it's a brand new disc, doesn't mean it can't be defective. We've established that on these forums a long time ago

OK, I will exchange the disc for another one. Thanks!

Back