• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem Dune Mini Series Blu-Ray from Europe

Problem Dune Mini Series Blu-Ray from Europe it is suppose to be Region ABC 16:9 but it will not play on my Sony BDP-S7200 US version Region A so tried on computer with PowerDVD 15 works fine. So ran it through Redfox and burned still will not work just as the original it does does nothing stripped using ClownBD burned Part one still will not work on Sony. Then put the Redfox ripped files to folder shared via WDTV Live and they worked great.

Is there some other protection system or could this be a bad disc, All specs say it should run.

Forgot to mention also ran it on a Panasonic DMP-BD50 had sound but no picture.

Thanks Hopin for help.

Define 'ran it through redfox'? What exactly did you do and with what. Redfox isnt a product. CloneBD is irrelevant at this point. CloneBD doesn't remove regions.

I ripped it with Redfox to the computer just like other discs. Here is the summary:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.2, BDPHash.bin 16-09-05)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 41051508117C7E4446
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23985792 sectors (46847 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Dune
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 56
Removed AACS copy protection!

Being as this disc is suppose to be ABC region I didn't worry about removing region coding Then burned it to disc. No Work

Did it removing region codes burned it no work

How did you determine it was an abc region? Was it explicitly mentioned on the box? If not, it's not an abc region disc. Never make assumptions. A summary is useless on problem diagnosis. A full logfile is required.

You also say doesn't work. What exactly do you want to do. Not the first time the problem is the dune player.

@Ch3vr0n
The movie title is DUNE. Op has said nothing about using a dune player.
OP has used per their posts.
SonyBDP-S7200 (US region A ) copy didn't play
DMP-BD50 had sound but no picture.
Then put the Redfox ripped files to folder shared via WDTV Live and they worked great. And PowerDVD 15 works fine.
@Michael Godding
Please right-click the fox icon in the taskbar. Select "create logfile" then post that here as ch3vy has asked for. Without that it's impossible to truly help you. Also you should never rip a Blu-ray to Folder with AnyDVDHD you should always use rip to image for those. And does the original play in both standalone player's properly.

Think i found the respective title on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Dune-Complete-Blu-ray-Herberts-Region/dp/B014VPR3GS. Now since you say in your OP That the files ripped with anydvd play just fine in your WD Live shared folder, there's obviously nothing wrong with the rip for the WD Live. When you say "no work". What happens when you try to play the rip/burned backup. Explain what you see. With images if you have to.

No original does not work in the Sony BDP-S7200 or DMP-BD50
The Box says Region ABC

Ok Do it again with a log file. Be later though.

I figure this disc should work just fine but anything is possible.

here is the log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.2_Info_G_Dune.ziplog
    972 KB · Views: 2
again "does not work" HOW? What's happening (or what isn't happening)?

When I play the movie burned to disk in the Sony or Panasonic I get no video and no sound on Sony player and sound only on the old Panasonic.

No pictures at all

The files used on the WDTV Live are the exact same file as burned just copied straight to the sharing folder.

On Sony unit it doesn't do anything looks like not even running On Panasonic pre2012 it is running and you can hear movie playing but still no picture

Last edited:
There has to be something with the title the players don't like or the conversion. My mom has a bd50 and it plays everything thrown at it. Region has no impact at all on video of audio not working. You'd get a message about 'wrong region'. Play the rip from anydvd in a player like powerdvd. Do you have video/sound and working playback? If yes then anydvd did it's job.

It's not an import by any chance is it?

Yes in beginning said out of Europe, I have bought other discs from Europe either Region ABC or B and when region issue came up the players said so. This disc doesn't do that.

Not saying ANYDVD is not working.... but I figure their the best source for ideas or info to understand whats going on.

Europe is their neighborhood.

Certain bluray over here are encoded (or have intro clips) in the pal video standard which most USA based standalones don't support. Which would explain the behavior. Did you try playing the rip itself directly in a player like powerdvd? Software players don't have a pal/ntsc restriction. If powerdvd plays it fine, then the rip I'd fine and your players don't support pal.

You could use something like bdinfo to find out the disc video details.

Original works fine on computer every rip version tried works on computer, None work on the stand alone's in living room. I see nothing on box that says Pal or NTSC either.

Here is BDInfo scan it said there were errors at:
00001.m2ts

as in the attached pic.

Attachments

• BDINFO.Dune.txt
    68.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 09-25-16 at 04.08 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 09-25-16 at 04.08 PM.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 6
@Michael Godding
There's definitely something about that disc your standalone players don't like and the 50hz content that disc has on it might just be it. This thread I just found may explain it better to you. See if your players are on this list. Or just search for them. As this just may be the first disc you've ever ran into this on. And would explain why it plays in your software player but not a standalone.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95245
From your Txt file.
Disc Title: Dune
Disc Size: 49,119,887,274 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: Yes
Extras: 50Hz Content
BDInfo: 0.5.8
Plus this
1080i / 25 fps

Last edited:
According to your BDinfo log the main episodes are at 1080i50 (25fps) and other parts are in 576i50 (25fps). Most Blu-ray players in the US won't play the 576i50 as that is Standard Def PAL which is probably why you can't play the discs. You will need to re-author the discs to exclude those SD PAL parts

Neither of my players are on either lists.

But new wrinkle realized while reading that article to try it in Xbox One... and it works there.

Most won't play the 1080i50 either. Hi-def pal resolution. PAL: 25/50Hz. If he wants to play them he'll have to convert the episodes themselves. Now that we've established that the original and the rip work on a pc, anydvd did it's job and this is not an anydvd problem.

Michael your players simply don't support the PAL video standard used on the discs. You'll have to use a conversion application that can convert the video files to NTSC compliant video. Redfox/elaborate bytes don't have such a product. Take a look at the vso-software convertXtoHD. Keep in mind, you WILL lose the original menus.

That's probably because the Xbox One isn't limited to only playing NTSC files in the US unlike set-top players

OK Thanks

Decided to live with it playing in Xbox

Specs for S7200 say Region A NTSC/PAL capable.

Have movie Dances With Wolves From UK Region B according to Case but it works in this player.

I AM getting SO confused.

Last edited:
Then there's something about the way the disc is authored the player doesn't like. Having pal content on a disc (even a trailer) is often enough for a player to refuse playback. My guess would be since the disc plays fine in your Xbox, the Sony player's PAL implementation chokes on the disc due to either bad or partial PAL support.

As to your Dances with Wolves. You'd have to compare the 2 titles with BDInfo or something. Just because it's from the UK doesn't mean it WILL use PAL. In fact over here in the PAL zone if you configure your player / TV right things will play in the proper 24fps/Hz mode

Back