• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem copying Back to the Future trilogy

singdown

Using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, I've been able to copy every DVD I've tried EXCEPT for the 2002 issue of the Back To The Future trilogy. Has anyone else had this problem? It stalls at about 80% of all 3 discs when creating the files. It never gets as far as writing to a blank disc. What's up with that? Anybody?

Have you got latest version anydvd? Also, is the Trilogy your latest attempt ie have you tried copying DVDs after attempting the Trilogy?

i own this & i did not encounter any problems what so ever what drive are you using ?

seriously back to the future??? did you really need to see it more than once :) not worth copying

Yes, I've copied DVD's after attempting this, no problems with other discs. I have 2 DVD writers. One is a NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD which only uses +R discs, the other is newer, NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A and uses -R discs. I've tried copying it in both directions, I get the same stall every time. All three of thoses discs just quit copying the files somewhere around 80%. Very weird. So now I'm on the hunt for perhaps older versions of the DVD's (before they were packaged as a trilogy). Maybe some other version will work. But I can't explain this. They are the first and only discs that have failed. It can't be a coincidence that all three fail in the same manner.

Back To The Future - and other failures

I Have had trouble backing up several older DVD's recently - most of them in excellent condition, and the most current updates to the Slysoft programs.

Interesting Fact - I use A Pioneer DVR107D Burner in my Pentium 4 (2.8 Gig) Processor with the latest updates of Any DVD and Clone DVD.

I have an older Athlon XP 2500+ (1.8 Gig?) Processor using Any DVD 6095 and Clone DVD 2091 with Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-116 Reader only.

Have the computers Networked which is fortunate, as the Athlon will
write the complete movie to the Hard drive when the Pentium wont.
I then just send the movie across Network to main computer and burn from there.

I have suffered Burner failure previously just inside warranty period - from memory its problem was failure to read discs it had burnt itself.... so that is one option - where reader failure is occurring due to iminent demise, or else the combo system just isn't as good as the ROM only.

So 2 options, can you go back a couple of issues of Clone DVD and see if that fixes the problem..... or do you have access to another machine to try in there??

Imminent demise would have me worried (lol, I love that description) except that I have 2 DVD writers, as noted previously, and the same problem happens with both writers, on all three of these discs in the same trilogy. I don't get an error message, it just stalls, and no further files are created. It's simply not able to get by something that's there on all 3 discs, perhaps where the layer break occurs. But this hasn't been an issue on anything else I've copied, either before or after. Everything else seems to be working fine. And no, I don't have access to another machine, so that won't help me.

Hmm, don't suppose you have a dual layer burner in that lot - didn't see your note about having 2 burners...

if you do You could try ripping the discs straight out of the Any DVD
sub menu (right click from task bar icon), it's a pity, I don't think Clone DVD allows splitting of ripped discs (HINT, HINT) as I have a taskmaster who likes top quality back ups not compressed under a truck to fit,

But maybe you have something else which will allow you to put the movie
back together if you go in the ripping direction??

I'm only mildly tech savvy. If a dual layer burner is one that uses (or makes?) dual layer discs, then no, I don't have one of those, I get compressed files. But they work well enough for my purposes. I'm just frustrated by this stupid problem and I don't have enough tricks in my limited repertoire to find a fix.

Thanks for all the advice tho. I love this forum!

I have another way to try and may get the movie on your PC.
U need DVDShrink 1.03 and AnyDVD deactivated.
Try this way and just extract the movie of the DVD it may help.
Dont shrink it u can do this later, first u have to try to get it on PC.

ITSE

I've noticed that people have been having problems with older DVDs as of late that they could copy before some updates. That's pretty weird. I just tried to copy my BTTF movies and could get them to go. Here's my AnyDVD windows:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.3)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H652M 0414 1002
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2077056 sectors (4056 MBytes)
Total size: 4092466 sectors (7993 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Media is a Data DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2071088 sectors (4045 MBytes)
Total size: 4097929 sectors (8003 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE_II
Media is CSS protected!

Media is a Data DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2084288 sectors (4070 MBytes)
Total size: 4166533 sectors (8137 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE_III
Media is CSS protected!

I just did a backup of 3 and it came out flawless. Maybe it's something else that isn't SlySoft related....

when i backed up back to the future i used my NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A which is dual layer i bought my copy of back to the future at best buy so i have no idea why yours wont copy when mine copied 100%

Back