Problem burning video files

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by TacoJohn Burrito, Mar 2, 2008.

1. TacoJohn Burrito

TacoJohn Burrito New Member

Hi there!

When I back up a movie, I don't make a copy right away, but just save the files so I can burn it when I want to watch it. I noticed yesterday that when I try and burn an older movie title, I am now getting this error message:

B:/Movies/40yv/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO: Unable to open file.

The system cannot find the file specified.
    Please be sure the all required files are available and try again.

Details:

File 0 B:/Movies/40yv/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 2

This is happening for the movies that were burned before the middle of December. It is happening in every instance, and it seems that the older folders don't have a Audio folder to choose from. Don't know if that matters.

Thanks, any help here would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sean

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I believe you are specifying the wrong drive letter as the source.

3. TacoJohn Burrito

TacoJohn Burrito New Member

Actually my "B" drive is a 500 gb external drive where all my movie files are kept.

I can see the files, for instance, the uploaded folder from the 40yv folder.

It just seems that the program is looking for some file that wasn't ripped down, but it only happens with movies I copied before December 10th or so.

Attached Files:

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

CloneDVD only deals with the VIDEO_TS folder and the content therein. Some commercial DVDs don't even have an AUDIO_TS folder on them. The lack of the folder is inconsequential when dealing with a normal DVD Video.

Yeah, the VIDEO_TS.IFO file is definitely missing. The question is where did it go. If you used CloneDVD & AnyDVD to rip the files to your HDD the file should be there. How exactly did you rip these movies prior to mid-December?

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

O.k., well as Drinklyeanddie noted the VIDEO_TS.IFO file definitely isn't there, and it should be because that file is required. I find myself unable to rip with Clonedvd without producing that file.