PrimeVideo with VPN in Anystream

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by CharlX, Apr 9, 2021.

1. CharlX

CharlX Member

Hello community, I need your help.
    I'm triying download content from Prime (my account is from Mexico) and I've connected VPN to Mexico. Prime gives me an message that I'm connected from VPN and I can't play any content.
    I'm using NordVPN, someone that can help me to use the VPN correctly and dowload content from Prime?

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Does it work without the VPN? If so try another VPN connection, some people use Nord with success. I do not think you can use Amazon USA from Mexico. But that's just a guess.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

You need to make sure that your AnyStream region matches the one of your VPN. PRIOR to starting AnyStream. You may need to restart for the changes to reflect within anystream.

4. CharlX

CharlX Member

Thanks for your help @Ch3vr0n and @RedFox 1. Works fine without a VPN, but only locally in mi PC. I have a VPS (Windows) and I'm trying download there because it has more network speed (1Gbps duplex).

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

What's your location now, what region do you wish to download FROM and what region is your anystream currently set too?

6. CharlX

CharlX Member

My region is Mexico (PrimeVideo Mexico) and I have the app configured with region "Other". I'm trying NordVPN with Mexico IP but not leaves me download.

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

cause u don't need or want a VPN when you're downloading for your own region. A VPN only comes into play when (in your case) you're in Mexico and you want do download from US amazon.

8. CharlX

CharlX Member

But I mean I want to download from my VPS which is in the Netherlands. (I want to download from Prime Mexico).

9. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Then you need to install the VPN on your VPS, and download FROM the VPN. Not from your local system