• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Prime Video has been stuck in SD for me for over a month.

earnbux

Amazon Prime videos have been stuck with only low SD resolutions available for me for well over a month. This is the case for Prime videos, FreeVee, purchased movies, and all 3rd party channels as well (Paramount+, MGM+, History Vault, etc). I was hoping an update would fix the issue, but that hasn't been the case over the last few versions. I have tried deleting the cache and re-installing AnyStream, but nothing has restored the availability of HD resolutions for me in Prime video. I have also tried the trick of recording videos directly from my watchlist, but this hasn't worked either. I've been monitoring the forum for similar issues, but apparently I'm the unlucky one.

I appreciate any assistance, or additional suggestions provided.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Everything on Am,azon Prime is in HD except for a few old videos. Let me look at your log file. Everything should be in 1080p. Can you give me an example of one movie or download in SD? You seem to be the only one here experiencing this.

Last edited:
Name a movie that is in SD that you are having issues with.

Please check if you can use the drop-down box to increase the resolution
1711907924270.png

Last edited:
Every single movie in your log file is available in HD, checked log file. Manifest shows HD available.

Wierd al.jpg

Apologies as I just got back to the computer. I think my problem was due to learned behavior. I think I got used to the highest resolution available being the default shown in the download window, and now that I open the drop down box that is obviously no longer the case. I was mistaken. You can close and delete this thread.

AS shows the best resolution available by default but if you download something in SD it will remember this resolution for the next download, so when you see something in SD by default be sure to check the resolution available in the drop down box.

How about a setting for "Always default to highest audio bitrate/channels" and "Always default to highest video resolution" ?

Would be surprised if majority of people intentionally download anything less, and if they do, AS could always continue to operate as it does by overriding the "default" in settings. Do it on a per-provider basis as well?

How about a setting for "Always default to highest audio bitrate/channels" and "Always default to highest video resolution" ?
Nah, I want my series downloaded in 720p ... I would be annoyed if I had to switch everytime...

Apologies as I just got back to the computer. I think my problem was due to learned behavior. I think I got used to the highest resolution available being the default shown in the download window, and now that I open the drop down box that is obviously no longer the case. I was mistaken. You can close and delete this thread.
So this is resolved? Glad you have it sorted. Enjoy the program.

Nah, I want my series downloaded in 720p ... I would be annoyed if I had to switch everytime...
don't think you read my post carefully (or I didn't explain it well). if you deviate from the "default", then you set the new default for that content provider.

don't think you read my post carefully (or I didn't explain it well). if you deviate from the "default", then you set the new default for that content provider.
You could request and option to have the program default to your chosen resolution if it is available. Something like an option to choose in your settings. 1080p, 720p, SD
That way everyone doesn't default to the same.

Back