• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Prime SD quality only purchased movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Beyer

Here's a log file from 1.4.9.6

It's Puss in Boots: the last wish

Attachments

• prime-Puss in Boots- The Last Wish.astlog
    455.6 KB · Views: 2
Please take a look if 1.4.9.7 changes anything. If not, wait for a new version to fix it. As you can see with the banner at the top of the forum, there are DRM issues and the devs are working at them.

Two quick comments: (1) I still only see 1.4.9.5 in the downloads section, even though I've see comments on up to 1.4.9.7. (2) Same thing as above has happened to me and others. We are presumably waiting for a fix. I bought a channel, and most of the downloads are sometimes even less than SD (e.g., 360). The regular AP stuff is a hit or miss -- sometimes 1080, most of the time not (these days).

P.S. I took the link in the previous message. I will try 1.4.9.7. I am not hopeful. I will continue to wait on the developers, like I have been doing.

P.P.S. 1.4.9.7. did not work for the paid content (channel): still 640x360. I will wait.

Last edited:
(1) I still only see 1.4.9.5 in the downloads section, even though I've see comments on up to 1.4.9.7.
You mean the downloads page on redfox.bz? That is because 1.4.9.7 and 6 have been released as a beta version, and those are only posted in the forum. Not on this page. That's why I linked it for you.

(2) Same thing as above has happened to me and others. We are presumably waiting for a fix. I bought a channel, and most of the downloads are sometimes even less than SD (e.g., 360). The regular AP stuff is a hit or miss -- sometimes 1080, most of the time not (these days).
That is true, but sometimes there is not even a better quality available. I should already have it posted somewhere: It would be good if the devs would reprogram AS, so instead of removing all entrys that cannot be decrypted, it shows them in red or greyed out. That way I know the title is available in 1080p or there is not even a higher resolution that SD. That way I can decide what to download or if I wait for the fix. Currently, there is almost no way to know if the title really is SD or just DRM unless you see the little flash that happens when AS re-analyses a title to remove the DRM entries.

1.4.9.7. did not work for the paid content (channel): still 640x360. I will wait.
Sad, then you have to wait for a future update. If you want to know about betas, look into this forum frequently.

You mean the downloads page on redfox.bz? That is because 1.4.9.7 and 6 have been released as a beta version, and those are only posted in the forum. Not on this page. That's why I linked it for you.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks.

That is true, but sometimes there is not even a better quality available. I should already have it posted somewhere: It would be good if the devs would reprogram AS, so instead of removing all entrys that cannot be decrypted, it shows them in red or greyed out. That way I know the title is available in 1080p or there is not even a higher resolution that SD. That way I can decide what to download or if I wait for the fix. Currently, there is almost no way to know if the title really is SD or just DRM unless you see the little flash that happens when AS re-analyses a title to remove the DRM entries.

I like this idea. But I was downloading something I know is 1080p. I just didn't think to mention that.

Sad, then you have to wait for a future update. If you want to know about betas, look into this forum frequently.

Strangely, I look at this forum multiple times per day, most days. I must have missed the presumably two announcements for .6 and .7, and then they scrolled off by the time I got back to regular checking (to see if the "fix" is available). I've seen earlier announcements for beta levels. I assume here that the subject that shows on the main web page shows there's a new level.

I continue to wait for the "fix," which is why I usually check back often.

But they are a sticky, and 1.4.9.7 even is the first one.
https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/anystream.107/

I'll admit I don't go down the whole list. I refresh the browser page mostly to look at the downloads (on the left) to see if there's a new level available (when I'm waiting for a "fix"). I also browse the top of the subjects (on the right) for the latest posts, and if something piques my interest, I read it. I somehow missed the .6 and .7 beta announcements. What's surprising to me is I missed both of them!

for the latest posts
Well, if there have been ten new posts after the update got posted and until you visited the site again, you can't even see it anymore. Just save the link I posted as a bookmark and visit it sometimes. Then you will see if there is a new version sticky.

I saw the 1.4.9.9 beta post, and tried it. I was delighted to find that some of the x360, etc. content actually showed up as 1080x now. I am quite happy about that!

I saw the 1.4.9.9 beta post, and tried it. I was delighted to find that some of the x360, etc. content actually showed up as 1080x now. I am quite happy about that!
Yes we worked very hard to get this done, all of Amazon Prime and their subscription channels are in 1080p now plus other movies and episodes. Glad you are happy. Enjoy the program.;)

I would like to make a clarification in case anyone notices what appears to be an inconsistency between what I said ("some of the x360, etc. content actually showed up as 1080x now") and what RedFox 1 said ("all of Amazon Prime and their subscription channels are in 1080p"). Here is why I said "some" (not "all"). I subscribed to a channel available via AP as opposed to subscribing via the actual channel. The channel content ported to AP (via some apparently faulty mechanism) should exactly match the channel app's version of the channel (at least for that channel; I know this because I inquired with the channel). In this channel's case -- one of multiple examples follows -- there's an actual 4-movie series where AMAZON is charging for #1 but -- because I signed up for the channel -- not for #2-#4. Inquiry with the channel shows #1 should also be available fee-free on AP. (Why the channel does not properly port in today's automated environment is beyond me.) Because I did not check this content (because it would cost me more money), I didn't know if it was 1080p, so I said "some." RedFox 1 implies it would be 1080p, and I have absolutely no reason to question the veracity of that statement. Per my channel inquiry and subsequent discussion, I am waiting for the AP-channel port to get fixed. Per RedFox 1, I would expect 1080p if today it were fee-free on AP.

If it’s supposed to be 1080 P it will be 1080 P if it’s not broadcasting 1080 P it won’t be 1080 P, I never mentioned any fees, you have to pay for all your Content. Did you think that we paid for the content? I never implied that everything was going to be 1080 P that wasn’t broadcast in 1080 P I didn’t think I had to explain that it’s obvious to anybody that’s ever watched a movie. If you purchased it in SD it will be in SD. ;)

Last edited:
Apparently I seem like an idiot and/or cannot explain things properly.

Once again:
I purchased a channel on AP. As an example of the phenomenon I tried to describe: Movie #1 in a 4-movie series had a fee on AP even though I bought the channel. Movies 2-4 were 1080p and fee-free BECAUSE I BOUGHT THE CHANNEL. When I contacted the CHANNEL (not AP), I gave them screenshots, and was thanked for informing them of the error. Movie #1 should have been available and (I assume) in 1080p like the other three movies. BECAUSE I COULD NOT CHECK ALL THE MOVIES I HAD BEEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD (because I would not pay for #1 because I already bought the channel), I said "some," not "all."

RedFox 1 said "all." I didn't want to give AS readership the wrong impression that possibly some movies were not in 1080p (that should be) since I said "some." (See footnote.) So I made my previous post, which I thought was logically required to present a more accurate impression of what was really going on. My intention was to support what RedFox 1 had said -- if RedFox 1 was saying everything should be as is, that was good enough for me. As for me thinking AS paid for my content, how stupid do you think I am? (That was rhetorical. But note that I did say I paid for something.) After all the years I've been a RedFox customer -- after years of getting 1080p, then not, then 1080p again, etc. -- after years of seeing first-hand that some AS movies are NEVER 1080p (for whatever reason) -- do you really think I would purchase in SD and then complain to AS that I did not get HD? (That was rhetorical.) Do you really think I am, and as an extension of other users, that stupid? (Rhetorical.) And with all the talk of 1080p, do you really think I would purchase SD? (Rhetorical.)

I will limit my contributions to these forums henceforth until I take remedial writing lessons or something.

Footnote: I don't know the details of how AP, etc. encrypt nor how AS decrypts. But I DO KNOW that movies that should be 1080p are sometimes not offered in 1080p due to (I assume) AP changing something that AS has not figured out yet. (We have been seeing a banner and many posts about that for the last weeks.) (Note: Sometimes these problems auto-correct without me updating AS. It's as if AP changed to an encryption scheme that AS knows about and can use to deliver 1080p.) I also know (from first-hand experience) that some movies (in the last weeks) HAVE BEEN in 1080p, even though the "newer" content was not. So however the system works, it is still possible to get some 1080p content while whatever AP does causes other would-be 1080p content to be, say, at best x360 in AS.

Okay, we understand. Thank you. Everyone has their moments, even me. Thank you for your explanation. I am sure it won't happen again. Let's move on. Thanks again.;) Since the customer that started this thread hasn't returned I will close it and mark it resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back