• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD Ultra build 3516 released!

You are misstaken, the only DRM enforcer is windows media player, when windows xp was launched media player was only that a player but with time it has become the enforcer of DRM and other enforcement slavery tools, you should also noted that I wrote win xp sp2 x86, I did it in windows Xp 32 bit, the first time, now I did it in win xp x64 and it is working fine, right now, it didn't played before in win xp x64 until I unstalled the media player and clean the registry manually. and to afirm that windows media player has nothing to do with the playback of everything, in windows is not to know the oparating system. I will be more explicit when you are installing power dvd in windows with out windows media player the installer program complain about it and says that " that with out media player you will be missing a lot of features, being the the first casualty Digital Rights Managment", then others follows, please Mr senior member, do you home work first and then make the critics. Any way it's your opinion and respect it.

Last edited:
You are misstaken, the only DRM enforcer is windows media player, when windows xp was launched media player was only that a player but with time it has become the enforcer of DRM and other enforcement slavery tools, you should also noted that I wrote win xp sp2 x86, I did it in windows Xp 32 bit, the first time, now I did it in win xp x64 and it is working fine, right now, it didn't played before in win xp x64 until I unstalled the media player and clean the registry manually. and to afirm that windows media player has nothing to do with the playback of everything, in windows is not to know the oparating system. I will be more explicit when you are installing power dvd in windows with out windows media player the installer program complain about it and says that " that with out media player you will be missing a lot of features, being the the first casualty Digital Rights Managment", then others follows, please Mr senior member, do you home work first and then make the critics. Any way it's your opinion and respect it.

so if i never use wmp should i delete it would pwdvd work better with out it?

Way to play files off hd

Hey guys I found a way to play ripped discs off the hdd. Open up powerdvd and take and drag the ripped disc folder onto the player it will popup with a thing asking you to turn off deinterlacing or something but then it works. It is kind of flaky though, some discs seem to play at a weird frame rate and the next chapter buttons may or may not work. It goes directly to the movie past the menus. Maybe a quick fix for some.

Well as I trial I installed vista 64 and PowerDVD and I can get all 4 Die hard movies, and all my other BD+ titles to work perfectly with it without removing Media player, so it's not necessary to remove it to have everything working. I have around 90 Blu-ray discs and around 40-50 HD DVD's and am trying them all out to see if they all play, but so far all seem fine.
And you should also note that in your original post you were saying it was Vista 64 that was giving you the problem which is what I replied to in my previous post

Surprisingly, yes. It looks like they removed the "rootkitish hiding" from the process list they introduced with 3911 (which was really, really stupid). This very likely caused ReClock to fail (it compares the process name with the list where it is allowed to load), and some remote control software like iMon couldn't find the PowerDVD process, too (remote didn't work).
First time poster here, and new to AnyDVD HD, hi!

James,

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Have you now got iMON to work with the latest PowerDVD Ultra? I have just upgraded and still iMON does not seem to be able to see that PowerDVD is running. I have to get my keyboard out whenever I use PowerDVD :(

Thanks,

Jon

I did tried to delete the files yesterday, but vista tells me that I don't have permision to do that, I have asume the ownership of the files, tried to do it in safe mode but couldn't:(
IIRC, you couldn't uninstall WMP from XP either. I think it is similar to how IE used to be: a "core" component of Windows that was not removable via normal means.

However, XPlite is a software utility that provides the opportunity to make many standard Windows features removable without having to re-install windows. Whilst I haven't removed WMP with XPlite yet, it was an option in the setup. Even if you uninstall WMP, I think WMP6.4 is still available. Unfortunately I do not know if there is a VistaLite available.

I'm not sure whether removing WMP also removes the standard filters (eg DVD navigation, etc), but I hope not.

It wouldn't surprise me if Cyberlink hook into the DRM capabilities of XP's WMP: it probably saves them having to write all their own routines. So I'm quite interested in whether removal of WMP improves playback of HD titles in PowerDVD.

I had been running PDVD 3304 but could not get any of the Die Hard movies to play.

I installed 3516, but couldn't play from folders. I un installed 3516 and reinstalled 3304 and now they play perfectly. A new logo plays at the start, like a circle of moving dots.

First time poster here, and new to AnyDVD HD, hi!

James,

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Have you now got iMON to work with the latest PowerDVD Ultra? I have just upgraded and still iMON does not seem to be able to see that PowerDVD is running. I have to get my keyboard out whenever I use PowerDVD :(

Thanks,

Jon

Just configure iMon to use the multimedia function (i.e Play, stop, rewind, ff)...dont use the keyboard shortcuts.

Trouble is I use quite a few different media apps for different things. I need to be able to change the programming of those buttons from one app to the next. I would also like to be able to switch audio etc. using the remote. Thanks for the thought though, I will experiment a bit.

Last edited:
Yep sadly Meedio will not recognise iMON's multimedia commands, although it does claim to support WM_APPCOMMAND and it does work with the multimedia keys on my Logitech keyboard! If I cannot get Meedio to see these commands sadly I cannot make them global :(

Do we know what changes were made? I'm guessing they're for profile 1.1...Great, I guess I'll be back to using the scripts to change between version. Yey.

There are reports of bugs in profile 1.1. I should check it out with War and see what I can find. The movie played back flawlessly, so, I guess it's only in the special features that use 1.1 that people are having issues. Anyway, I don't see PDVD Ultra 3613, either, so, it's not released.

How...useful. :) Probably most of those are virus and trojan infected. I'd rather just wait for the official patch to get released. Isn't that why I paid 100 USD for this crappy product? :)

Yes you are right there. It's amazing that warez gets it before the paid customers. :D

Do we know what changes were made? I'm guessing they're for profile 1.1...Great, I guess I'll be back to using the scripts to change between version. Yey.
Hmm, tried to find the post here about these scripts, but no luck. Where do I find this? :)

CZ

These are links to PowerDVD 7.0 Deluxe, not 7.3 Ultra!!! There is no 3613 for PDVD Ultra!

Back