• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD Ultra build 3516 released!

Hi!

I did as discribed and copied the files from the 3304 into the 3316 Folder, Now I can watch blue-ray but not hd-dvd from the hard drive :confused: any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Kempf

Wow... Any help..
Same problem here. It's not greyed out in the menu (HD DVD Files) but they won't play..

Something weird. I have a Sony HD camcorder and it uses the BDMV format (Same structure as Blu-Ray) Up until now I would drop the folder to my HDD and view it with PowerDVD that came with the Sony. It was actually called Power DVD HD Version on the splash. Ver 6.5
Now that I was Supposally forced to upgrade this is no longer valid.
Interesting...
Not that it matters but I will email their support and ask for a answer.
I thought it was funny calling it HD DVD PowerDVD and using Blu-Ray Structure... Was a long time ago though? ;)

Joeli

Hi,

Wish I'd read the above before I bought PowerDVD Ultra. Last time I looked at forums it was possible to play HD DVD files from a HDD!. So now I have the PC I have just built (for this purpose), PowerDVD etc but it won't work! :doh:

I have read that there are other ways of getting HD DVD to play from a HDD but they are not straightforward and involves other conversion progs.

Having read the above post about substituting 10 files from a previous PowerDVD version, I wondered if anyone else had made it work with .evo files?

And is there anything that Slysoft can do within AnyDVD HD to fix the prob? Streaming HD from my HDD was the reason I upgraded to AnyDVD HD - though of course its not Slysoft's fault that Cyberlink has changed its software!

Any help to get this to work is appreciated.

How can Slysoft fix a PowerDVD problem with AnyDVD? :D :disagree: You have two options here. Downgrade your version of PowerDVD Ultra to one that works, or, you can try ripping your discs as ISO images and mounting them using Daemon Tools. This *should* work with the latest version of PowerDVD Ultra, but, I refuse to install it to test that theory.

SamuriHL,

Thanks for the post. Regarding how could AnyDVD affect Cyberlink - I don't know. I'm not an expert. Maybe make a HDD folder mimic an optical drive while AnyDVD is running. Although I don't know, it doesn't mean someone else cant do something :D It was just a thought! Clearly not a bright one but sometimes a stupid question can result in a brilliant idea!

Out of interest, how would I downgrade my version of PowerDVD?

Adbear,

again, thanks for the post. Problem is, without PowerDVD I can't even play DVD HD discs from the optical drive.

you have to look round for version 3104 or 3319a. I've found that nearly all my HD DVD's and Blu-rays work fine from the hard drive using Nero 8 with showtime and the Blu-ray plugin

You will have to find a download for the older versions of PowerDVD Ultra. I'm using 3104a myself. Others say that 3319a is a decent version to use. I may upgrade it to that at some point. We are not allowed to post download links to PowerDVD Ultra on this forum...not that I have one to give you anyway...but if you google for it you should turn up what you're looking for. Just be careful where you download from and make sure you scan the hell out of it to make sure it's authentic and not virus laiden.

As for your idea, it has been discussed before. Personally I have no issue with doing the ISO thing. It actually keeps the hard drive cleaner by having a simple file rather than folders of files.

Have downloaded and worked out (I think) how to use Imgburn and Daemon Tools. It plays!

I guess you have to mount the iso as a drive everytime you want to play a title or you will run out of drive letters? Only takes a couple of seconds so no hardship really.

Have just got to decide whether I keep both the .evo and the .iso versions! Will take up a lot of HDD space!

Cheers.

Thanks. i wasn't sure about that.

Well i'm a lot happier now :D

I can get ripping those HD DVDs!

Yup, think of the ISO as a container file. Everything you have on the hard drive folder will be contained in the ISO file.

3516 patch won't play files from disk

FYI, this comes from Cyberlinks tech support in answer to a question as to why ripped HD-DVD's no longer play with patch 3516.

"Please note that this feature it has been removed from the software now, you can not play the HD-DVD from the hard drive."

SNAP! :mad:

I am now asking them to "remove" the $100 I paid for their software. Nice "bait and switch". Oh and that is their grammar in the quote.

Just be forewarned.
Downgrading to the prior patch fixed it. I will try the file hack suggested previously in this thread.

FYI, this comes from Cyberlinks tech support in answer to a question as to why ripped HD-DVD's no longer play with patch 3516.

"Please note that this feature it has been removed from the software now, you can not play the HD-DVD from the hard drive."

SNAP! :mad:

I am now asking them to "remove" the $100 I paid for their software. Nice "bait and switch". Oh and that is their grammar in the quote.

Just be forewarned.
Downgrading to the prior patch fixed it. I will try the file hack suggested previously in this thread.

This is old news and already been mentioned numerous times on ths forum

Cannot play bd live free or die hard with version 3516

:D Hi guys, yesterday i tried to play Live Free or Die hard with 3516 and vista x64, I couldn't.Today I installed the same version in a different partition of the same pc, where I have win xp sp2 x86. I have to tell you that I don't have installed windows media player, because I use Foobar2000.Well my surprise was big because the player did played the the movie and it has a very nice lossless sound that floats from 3500 t0 5200 kps. it also played the rise of the silver surfer it was nice also. This was posible because windows media player is the enforcer of the DRM, with out it the player had played every thing that I have tried in the bd format. It would be nice if somebody tells how to uninstall windows media player from vista.

Last edited:
:D Hi guys, yesterday i tried to play Live Free or Die hard with 3516 and vista x64, I couldn't.Today I installed the same version in a different partition of the same pc, where I have win xp sp2 x86. I have to tell you that I don't have installed windows media player, because I use Foobar2000.Well my surprise was big because the player did played the the movie and it has a very nice lossless sound that floats from 3500 t0 5200 kps. it also played the rise of the silver surfer it was nice also. This was posible because windows media player is the enforcer of the DRM, with out it the player had played every thing that I have tried in the bd format. It would be nice if somebody tells how to uninstall windows media player from vista.

well in xp and vista, windows media player is in the program files in the c drive i wonder if you just delete it if that would fix play back

well in xp and vista, windows media player is in the program files in the c drive i wonder if you just delete it if that would fix play back
I did tried to delete the files yesterday, but vista tells me that I don't have permision to do that, I have asume the ownership of the files, tried to do it in safe mode but couldn't:(

I suspect it's more likely to be 64bit windows causing the problem, have seen others having problems with Powerdvd and 64bit windows. Also windows media player will have nothing to do with it if you're trying to play back in PowerDVD

Last edited:
Back