• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD Ultra build 3516 released!

I
Just one question: why do people always want to play the BD from the hard drive? It just plays well from the disc itself.... :confused:

I have a "little" free space on this laptop.
Me having a couple ripped BDs stored on the HDD is convenient in that I can watch/play the movie without having to handle the disc(s).
Playback from HDD is also less processor intensive(laptop/battery/runtime).

I tried the newest version(3516) and it killed *ALL* playback!
No playing the ripped files, and no disc playback!

Went back to 3104 and everything plays once again - disc and HDD files.

Deleted this "update"! :mad:

I took a look at the previous 3319f patch, and found that the change in playback behaviour (i.e. not being able to play movies from you harddrive) was caused by changes in one single file, the \Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax file. The solution was simply to take the "CLBDROMNav.ax" file from the 3304 Build and overwrite the new one, and voilá, playback works as before :)

Sadly the new 3516 patch however, makes changes in PowerDVD.exe to totally grey out the "ok" box when wanting to play from the harddrive. You can change it back to normal without reinstalling the old version, by replacing the following of the 3516 files, by these 3304 files;

Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax
PowerDVD.exe
*.imp (10 files)

Now you should have some of the benefits/improvements of the new patch, while maintaing your ability to play from the harddrive. :D

Getting SPdif to hold for digital out to AVR receiver

I know it can only be Dolby digital 5.1, DTS but so far I have only been able to get this to work with some of the earlier PDVD releases.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot and or fix this??

Thanks
Rew

PowerDVD Ultra

I installed 3516 version and tried to watch video on a hdtv and it would not show full screen any help???:agree:

I took a look at the previous 3319f patch, and found that the change in playback behaviour (i.e. not being able to play movies from you harddrive) was caused by changes in one single file, the \Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax file. The solution was simply to take the "CLBDROMNav.ax" file from the 3304 Build and overwrite the new one, and voilá, playback works as before

Sadly the new 3516 patch however, makes changes in PowerDVD.exe to totally grey out the "ok" box when wanting to play from the harddrive. You can change it back to normal without reinstalling the old version, by replacing the following of the 3516 files, by these 3304 files;

Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax
PowerDVD.exe
*.imp (10 files)

Now you should have some of the benefits/improvements of the new patch, while maintaing your ability to play from the harddrive.
I am a bit lost:

I have 3104, 3319a, 3319f, 3516, but no 3304.
I could download a 3304 from the Net, but it seems to be identical to 3319a? :confused:

Are they, or not?

Thanks in advance for the help. :bowdown:;)

I took a look at the previous 3319f patch, and found that the change in playback behaviour (i.e. not being able to play movies from you harddrive) was caused by changes in one single file, the \Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax file. The solution was simply to take the "CLBDROMNav.ax" file from the 3304 Build and overwrite the new one, and voilá, playback works as before :)

Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax
PowerDVD.exe
*.imp (10 files)

Now you should have some of the benefits/improvements of the new patch, while maintaing your ability to play from the harddrive. :D

im using 3319a and im having trouble finding these, which 10 files do we need to change i have more than 10 .imp and .ax files

I got 3516 today and I also downloaded 3304. I installed 3304 on another computer and there were exactly 10 .imp files in the cyberling directory after the install. I followed Kirisho instructions and now the PDVD play from hard disk option is enabled!

This is the good part. I have SHrek 3 (HD-DVD) on my hard disk. I have created an ISO using imgburn 4.1 (I have vista) on my hard disk. I mount the ISO using Daemon tools. PDVD will then play the first few EVO files which are the Preview screen, the bloopers and the Donkey dance (those are all MPEG4). I have no audio for all those. When it reaches the Feature_1.evo I do not get any image and no sound. PDVD Show Information says MPEG-2 file but no audio showing.

I created a new ISO with only the two feature evo and map files but same problem (no video, no sound, the time is counting). AnyDVD-HD is always running during that time and I used it to rip the file initially.

I seem to have something partially working. I could use some help to understand how to get the movie to work... I must be doing something wrong...

Probably there is an audio-type confusion between the old and new versions of the files. AFAIK, absolutly NO HD-DVD uses MPEG-2 streams, only VC-1 (which for me is the best in PDVD).

HI!

Does anyone have a link where I can download 3304?

Thanks in advance!
Stephan Kempf

Hi!

Yes of course:doh:, I need the build to change the files so that I can play from harddrive.

Thanks in advance!
Kempf

Search for powerdvd 3304 and take the jiricc link in google. It links to rapidshare and it is in two parts so you have to be patient as you have to wait 100 minutes for the second free download

Just discovered that the BD region change trick with CLDSHowX.ini doesn't work anymore in 3516.

thats because they've now put it into the registries

Hi!

I did as discribed and copied the files from the 3304 into the 3316 Folder, Now I can watch blue-ray but not hd-dvd from the hard drive :confused: any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Kempf

Probably there is an audio-type confusion between the old and new versions of the files. AFAIK, absolutly NO HD-DVD uses MPEG-2 streams, only VC-1 (which for me is the best in PDVD).

Only one I can think of is Chronos.

Back