PowerDVD scales full HD movie to 720p

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Tox, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

Hello,

i got an issue with PowerDVD. I got a full HD movie (there is no copy protection or something as it's a recording from TV). When I play it back with PowerDVD the video is directly put out though the DVI connector of my graphics card. The display I use is a full HD too. But it says the signal it receives from the computer is 720p, any ideas?

regards
    tox

2. HDBart

HDBart New Member

Just a thought...

You mentioned you are using the DVI connection on your card but are you connecting to the PC connection on your TV? If so it probably wont accept 1080p!

I only have 720p TV but was looking at upgrading to a full HD 1080p, I downloaded 2 manuals of such TVs both of which are the latest models (but not highest spec) one sony LCD and the other a Panasonic Plasma and neither would accept 1080p over the PC connection. Only HDMI will allow full 1080p!

Included with my graphics card pack was a DVI to HDMI convertor but Im yet to try it as I havent bought my new TV yet! Maybe this would solve the problem.

Hope this helps

3. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm actually connecting it with an adapter to an HDMI input on the TV. It accepts 1080p. I tried to use it as the second display for the computer and it works fine at 1920x1080. So only the output of PowerDVD is down to 720p :(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008