• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD scales full HD movie to 720p

Tox

Hello,

i got an issue with PowerDVD. I got a full HD movie (there is no copy protection or something as it's a recording from TV). When I play it back with PowerDVD the video is directly put out though the DVI connector of my graphics card. The display I use is a full HD too. But it says the signal it receives from the computer is 720p, any ideas?

regards
tox

Just a thought...

You mentioned you are using the DVI connection on your card but are you connecting to the PC connection on your TV? If so it probably wont accept 1080p!

I only have 720p TV but was looking at upgrading to a full HD 1080p, I downloaded 2 manuals of such TVs both of which are the latest models (but not highest spec) one sony LCD and the other a Panasonic Plasma and neither would accept 1080p over the PC connection. Only HDMI will allow full 1080p!

Included with my graphics card pack was a DVI to HDMI convertor but Im yet to try it as I havent bought my new TV yet! Maybe this would solve the problem.

Hope this helps

Nope, I'm actually connecting it with an adapter to an HDMI input on the TV. It accepts 1080p. I tried to use it as the second display for the computer and it works fine at 1920x1080. So only the output of PowerDVD is down to 720p :(

Last edited:
Back