powerdvd disable hd requirements

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by thl, May 7, 2007.

1. thl

thl Member

Hi,
    Is it possible to disable the requirements checks in powerdvd 7 ? when I try to play an hd dvd movie it tells me to update the graphics drivers, but I already ahve the latest (nforce 93.something, powerdwd requires 92.somthing)

thanks

thl

2. ibglowin

ibglowin Well-Known Member

Would be great if someone could do this, but I have yet to see it anywhere.

3. roog

roog Well-Known Member

I remember this problem with early versions of PowerDVD Ultra 7. Are you using version 7.3 with the 2605n patch?

4. thl

thl Member

yes, actually I' thinking about getting an ati x1600 card to upgrade my old fx5200 :)

5. roog

roog Well-Known Member

For about 40 USD more you can get an ATI x1950 Pro card. I have an AGP ATI x1600 card that I tried with an Intel Pentium 4 overclocked to 3.4 GHz and, although it passed the Cyberlink compatibility test, the playback stuttered so badly that it was unwatchable.

I hope that you have a PCI Express motherboard instead of an AGP one. Buy a graphics card locally to make sure that it works, then return it after you buy one online at a much better price.

Good Luck!

6. thl

thl Member

hi,
    I have no local stores here (I'm in the middle of nothing...) and I'm using agp... It's an optimal setup, isn't it ? :D I'll get a x1950 if I find one at an honest price.