• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD could not enable 3D playback. Try choosing a different 3D display device.

With Reclock disabled, PowerDVD behaves nicely. With Reclock enabled I get the following error message when playing a non-3D Blu-ray in PowerDVD: "PowerDVD could not enable 3D playback. Try choosing a different 3D display device."

I get this with many if not all my Blu-rays. Any ideas what's wrong?

I have the latest versions of nvidia's driver and of Reclock:

Nvidia 368.81
Reclock 1.8.8.5
PowerDVD 15.0.1804.58
Windows 10, 64-bit

Reclock log attached.

Attachments

• reclock_log.txt
    133.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Try to tick "simulate a connected 3D display" in AnyDVDHD and see if that makes any difference. (Workaround )

Also there is a setting in my version of PDVD for turning on and off 3D on your own. Which is what seems to be triggered when using reclock and that should not happen AFAIK. However since I don't use reclock I can't help you with that part.

It won't. That setting allows for certain 3d movies to be played on a 2d only setup by 'simulating a 3d screen' as the settings (and tooltip states).

It also "tricks" the player (PDVD in this case) into thinking it has a connected 3D device. Which PDVD evidently needs to see connected. As it says in his error. "PowerDVD could not enable 3D playback. Try choosing a different 3D display device" When he enables reclock. Which should bypass that error. Although it doesn't explain why needing 3D for non 3D disc is triggered by reclock. It should still work. Let the OP try it and see.

Now,
Have you ever had that particular error in PDVD and if so how did you fix it or bypass it. That would be very helpful to the OP. And if not then well.
How about instead of telling the OP what you think won't work how about helping them troubleshoot an issue like I did with something that you think will. That is after all what WE are here for.

First of all, my display is 3D capable and I can watch 3D Blu-ray as long as I don't enable Reclock. I tried your tip anyway, but no improvement.

After some more testing on this 2D movie, I can say that enabling Reclock works as long as I manually set the movie's refresh rate (23.976) before I launch PDVD. That's a 2D refresh rate and PDVD is happy with that, so I guess the error message is misleading and only says that PDVD failed to change the refresh rate.

I have also tried an actual 3D movie. Manually setting a 3D refresh rate before launching PDVD with Reclock does not work in this case. I'm not sure if Reclock is supposed to handle 3D or not? Anyway, that's another problem I guess.

Back