• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD and subtitles

LordAlex

Anyone else having issues with not being able to turn subtitles on or off when watching HD DVD ? Some movies start with subtitles on and won't turn off. Two I've borrowed and tried start with them off but I can turn them on via button at the bottom but can't turn them back off because all the "right click" subtitle options are grayed out. I'm using the latest patch from Cyberlink after having installed the version that came with my LG combo drive. Both version acted the same way as far as subtitles go. Any suggestions?

I’ve seen the same thing. There is a thread about this but I could not find a fix.

what build number of Powerdvd are you using? ideally should be 7.3 build 3104 or 3319a

I had this on a couple of my discs that I had ripped to HDD. Without AnyDVD running in the background they both played fine! Couldn't get to the bottom of why this was, but it worked so it may for you.

I have PDVD 7.3.3104a.1 and with a few movies like 300 the subtitle options are grayed out and the subs are on by default. The title and root menus also do not work leaving you no way to turn them off. :(

i cannot turn of the subtitles in Shooter (HD-DVD) with powerdvd 3319a.
with nero showtime it works fine! so i have to edit the xpl file or have to live with nero showtime..

hmmm...I too have tried playing the rips with AnyDVD off, no difference as far as the subtitle options being grayed out. I can't seem to find my build number when I look at the about information
Thanks for all the replies.

Version number...

I can't seem to find my build number when I look at the about information

I couldn't either........ But I did find it by looking at Properties for PowerDVD.exe on the Version Tab.

goto the about section the click on your name in the 'registered to' section

Just edit all lines with "<subtitle ...." out of the VPLST000.xpl file using notepad.

Last edited:
Back