• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 9 gives error for Virtual CloneDrive

cfreint

After mounting an .iso movie onto Virtual CloneDrive that was processed by AnyDvd, POWERDVD ver 9 gives an error message indicating that the disk drive contains an "Unsupported Format".

But Ver 9 plays AnyDvd processed movies that have been put on Blu-Ray 25GB discs with no problems; so the problem is related to Virtual CloneDrive mounted movies. Ver 9 does a fine job with DVD movies on disk or hard drive.

PowerDvd Ver 8 plays the movies fine as does Windows Media Center.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have no problems playing back ISO's in PDVD 9 using VCD

After mounting an .iso movie onto Virtual CloneDrive that was processed by AnyDvd, POWERDVD ver 9 gives an error message indicating that the disk drive contains an "Unsupported Format".

But Ver 9 plays AnyDvd processed movies that have been put on Blu-Ray 25GB discs with no problems; so the problem is related to Virtual CloneDrive mounted movies. Ver 9 does a fine job with DVD movies on disk or hard drive.

PowerDvd Ver 8 plays the movies fine as does Windows Media Center.

Anyone have any ideas?
Please try protected images.

If I use my guide to make unprotected ISO's they all work in PDVD 9 (over 300 tried and working), the only time I get the message is if my system tries to open 2 versions of PDVD at the same time when I mount an ISO

Have no problems playing back ISO's in PDVD 9 using VCD

How in hell does this help ANYONE ??

You post this EVERY TIME someone has this issue, and EVERY TIME it doesn't help them.

If you're not going to help, what are you doing, just getting your post count up ?

You post this EVERY TIME someone has this issue, and EVERY TIME it doesn't help them.

If you're not going to help, what are you doing, just getting your post count up ?

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=108609#post108609

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning :policeman:

On a personal note, I find your criticism ludicrous considering the link in Adbear's signature.

Last edited:

I post this a lot as it DOES help a lot of people.
If you make the unprotected ISO's the way I explain in my guide then 99% will work fine in any version of PDVD. If you decide not to bother reading the guide and following it then that's your decision, but it doesn't mean that the advice is not valid and that it hasn't helped out a lot of people already (evident by the number of PM's I've had about it fixing their problems)

I just updated to 5.4.2.5 and it's fixed the problem. Wasn't working and now is.

Back