• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 latest patches do not support virtual drive

kaydee6

I have updated power dvd 8 to the latest patch (update 2815) and some of my bluray isos are not supported anymore. I am running VCD 5.4.2.5 with the latest AnyDVD HD and at least 3 of the isos cannot be played, power dvd 8 says it does not support playback through virtual drive!
This is definitely a cyberlink issue but will there a updates from VCD to make virtual drive functional with powerdvd again?

I cannot say what the changes are with the new PowerDVD releases but you should be sure to keep up with the latest VCD releases. I always recommend using the latest version even if it is a beta.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.8 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29061

Sorry, I checked again and I am using the latest VCD 5.4.2.8.
Still having problem with some isos not playing. Maybe future VCD updates can resolve this?

It does the same in PDVD 9, some movies just won't play from ISO. I suspect it'll be the same movies as they do seem to be making the main files identical between the 2 versions. I've since switched to TMT3 now that I have it working without resetting my machine, and I only have PDVD on for testing purposes now

Same error with daemon tools.
Bolt Usa works but not Terminator 3 USA for example

power dvd 8 latest updates couple days ago

lol, just put original T3 disk in and it says same thing even when no vertial software loaded. Only AndDVDHD 6.5.4.4

Terminator 3 is a very old BD. Man i miss HDDVD.....

My guess its a feature of backward compatability with BD V1 or something...

Last edited:
Same error with daemon tools.
Bolt Usa works but not Terminator 3 USA for example

power dvd 8 latest updates couple days ago

lol, just put original T3 disk in and it says same thing even when no vertial software loaded. Only AndDVDHD 6.5.4.4

Terminator 3 is a very old BD. Man i miss HDDVD.....

My guess its a feature of backward compatability with BD V1 or something...

It shows it do not support virtual drive even with the disk in the drive? This is some finding. I guess Cyberlink messed up something in the patches.

I don't think they messed anything up as such, he still has AnyDVD HD running which is why he still gets the message. If you disable AnyDVD HD and have PDVD set to the right region I bet the original discs work

I don't think they messed anything up as such, he still has AnyDVD HD running which is why he still gets the message. If you disable AnyDVD HD and have PDVD set to the right region I bet the original discs work

question is though..do we need t o roll back power DVD to an older version to get the ISO's to mount?....Also is this is a conspiracy to prevent us from baking up our owned Blu-Ray discs...This is what seemed to happen previously when PowerDVD no longer supported t he playback of BluRay files from the hard drive?

question is though..do we need t o roll back power DVD to an older version to get the ISO's to mount?....Also is this is a conspiracy to prevent us from baking up our owned Blu-Ray discs...This is what seemed to happen previously when PowerDVD no longer supported t he playback of BluRay files from the hard drive?
Why don't you ask Cyberlink? They should know... ;)

It depends on the ISO, I find most play fine in the latest builds of all PDVD's, but a few just won't play. Ever since James helped me out with getting TMT3 working I don't really use PDVD except for testing

I will try it without anydvd loaded and see what it says.
I sugest if it is old titles its more to do with pdvd not understaning old style discs rather than their atempt to stop virtual drives.

It depends on the ISO, I find most play fine in the latest builds of all PDVD's, but a few just won't play. Ever since James helped me out with getting TMT3 working I don't really use PDVD except for testing

IF i did consider making the switch..is there a thread somewhere on the issues you had to get it working...many thanks

James suggested uninstalling Avast, I did then I installed TMT 3 and it worked

Has a solution to the problem of certain disks not playing because PowerDVD8 and PowerDVD9 Ultra recognizes them as being on a virtual drive been found? I have been trying to get Live Free or Die Hard to play in PowerDVD9 Ultra without success. I have made isos with both AnyDVD (version 6.5.4.4) and ImgBurn but get the same error that virtual drives are not supported. The original disk will play, but only with AnyDVD disabled. Live Free or Die Hard isos will play with PowerDVD7 Ultra but I was hoping to take advantage of some of the audio benefits of PowerDVD9 Ultra. All of my other isos will play fine with PowerDVD9. Thanks for any help.

So, how can *this* be AnyDVD's "fault"?

James,

I would agree it is not AnyDVD's or Virtual CloneDrive's "fault" - it is the best software program I have ever purchased! I am curious though how that for these movies PowerDVD9 Ultra is able to tell a virtual drive is being used when it apparently can't for the vast majority. Is there a common thread to these movies? Could an update to Virtual CloneDrive fix it (btw, I am using version 5.4.2.8 beta)? Thanks again for all of your great work!

Back