• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just assumed everyone used cmdhere. Glad it's helping people!

As for this little hack, I hope it continues to work. It's really quite sweet that we got this to work. Thanks to all who provided help getting this to work!

I'd like to let you guys know that this was the last push I needed to get PowerDVD 8, though I guess it's not 100% that CL will continue to "allow" this to go on, but anyway 7.1 audio is also worth a fair bit of it. You have made Cyberlink about $100 more:clap: If they complain, refer them to this post!

Look at it this way, we at least have one version that we know it'll work with. :D It's better than nothing.

By the way, about the cmd thing. I do have the Powertoy cmdhere installed, but I totally forgot about it. The way I used to do it before, was if I have a folder in which I usually open a command prompt, I just put a copy of cmd.exe (not a shortcut), and it will open the prompt in that location. I guess you could have a copy hanging on your desktop for this purpose and just drag and drop it in the folder's window, or write a script, be creative:rock:

I just assumed everyone used cmdhere. Glad it's helping people!

As for this little hack, I hope it continues to work. It's really quite sweet that we got this to work. Thanks to all who provided help getting this to work!

I wouldn't even call it a hack, rather an add-on.:)

And as an official owner of PDVD7.3 AND PDVD8 I don't feel like breaking any "rules" doing the add-on trick, hell I paid for it already, imho!

DTS-HD MA works fantastic on PDVD8 with HD-DVD's now :rock:

Last edited:
Yes, this is a great solution. :) Better audio support and only one application to deal with. WOO HOO!

Any help (via PM) on where to find required files would be appreciated :) - and regardless,,, congrats to the guys that figured it all out :)

Edit: All good, thanks!

Last edited:
All the web features work.
BTW, I tried your cmdhere.inf trick, but whenever I try to use it it says the file path and then "application not found", I'm using Vista BTW. Thnx

So does the 8.0.222 build contain the files required? This is the only build I can find via other sources. Man I'm so pissed at Cyberlink for doing this...

All the web features work.
BTW, I tried your cmdhere.inf trick, but whenever I try to use it it says the file path and then "application not found", I'm using Vista BTW. Thnx
There are 2 extra spaces in the code pasted in - a side effect of posting in forums that happens, depending on the forum code.
Here's the file without the extra spaces:
www.humpa.com/downloads/cmdhere.zip

In the same boat as Ozzlander,, could some kind person PM me with this info.
TIA ;)

:rock:

Last edited:
SO now that PDVD8 can play HDDVD, anyone figure out how to make HDDVD ISOs autoplay with PDVD8? My autoplay options in Vista only allow me to choose PDVD7. I have tweakVI and tweakUI running but i do not see how either allows me to add an autoplay handler for hddvds...

God this thing is taking forever. I bought about 3 hours ago, and still haven't got the download link. Instead, after 1:30 hours, I got a "payment for your order failed" email, and when changing to another number, after ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF I got ANOTHER "payment failed" crap email. Aren't they verifying if my card is good at the moment of payment? I think so. Even more so, my card is perfectly freaking fine. What is wrong with these people! Now I'll have to order again and wait another hour-and-a-half to see if my freaking order went through!

Maybe it is because my address is from another country, yet my CC is from the US? I'll find out (not) soon enough. Anyone had trouble like this?

I bought again opening another account with another email, and use the same addresses for billing and shipping, and I now got the link and key immediately. Should have known not to use my own country's address!

So does the 8.0.222 build contain the files required? This is the only build I can find via other sources. Man I'm so pissed at Cyberlink for doing this...

Crap...I just installed this build and no dice. I wonder if installing it on a laptop without support for Blu ray or HD-DVD caused the files not to install? I am this close to buying Arcsoft's TMT and switching my HTPC to 32-bit. This is totally ridiculous.

Build files please

can someone please PM me about the links to those builds as well please!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE?

All right, everything's set up. Works like a charm! Nicely done guys.:D

PowerDVD 8 has pretty much the same features as 7 (not counting that moovielive thing), but right off the bat I'm noticing some extra flexibility with those same settings. With 8 you can enable/disable HW acceleration on-the-fly with MPEG-2 OTA content (dvr-ms), at least with my ATI X1900GT, and the de-interlacing options also seem to allow more flexibility. I have to try this with some HD-DVD/bluray acceleration cards, but so far it's looking good.

Hate to be asking for something on my first post to this forum, but I have a lot of HD-DVDs and would appreciate an email of files or links to enable the playback.

And well done to the guys who figured out how to do it - and more shame to Cyberlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back