• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 7 Ultra build 4102

bachuka

New patch for version 7 just came out. Here's what it does per the site. Try it and post your feedback :)

List of Updates:

Adds playback support for Blu-ray Disc Profile 2 (BD-Live).
Enhances disc loading time for Blu-ray.
Reduces memory consumption.

I would rather have reduced disk loading time, even at the expense of enhanced memory consumption... :) Downloading now...

omg... they should be trying to fix PDVD8 which has more issues than PDVD7 (I can't get pop-up menus on Blu-ray discs with the OFFICIAL Cyberlink remote).

Ok I installed this... suprisingly it adds DTS-HD Master Audio to PDVD7, which will make PDVD7 users happy, and give them even less incentive to upgrade.

I was almost tempted to use PDVD7 build 4102 instead of PDVD8 as it now has the same speedy scene changing, FF etc like PDVD8 build 1622 has. Plus the Menu button and A B C D buttons on my Cyberlink remote actually WORK with PDVD7 :(

What's interesting though is that it has the same bitrate reading error for HD-DVDs (eg. DD+ showing 256kbps instead of 1536kbps) that PDVD8 has.

Also, this patch BREAKS HD-DVD playback in PDVD8... so if you're using PDVD8 do NOT install this patch. I decided to revert my PDVD7 back to 3730a. I suppose I can live with my Cyberlink remote menu button not working, I've emailed tech support to ask if it will be fixed in the next PDVD8 patch. The play, FF, volume + - buttons all work which are the most important.

I probably went back to PDVD8 as I think the PDVD8 skin (interface) looks a lot better than PDVD7. Plus I actually payed for it, would be stupid to not use PDVD8. I just hope Cyberlink acknowledge the remote problem and fix it by the next update.

I m not sure why it doesn t work for you, but I installed the 4102 update and HD DVD still works for me on Powerdvd 8. Though it did reset the autoplay option to version 7, jut had to switch it back.

I m not sure why it doesn t work for you, but I installed the 4102 update and HD DVD still works for me on Powerdvd 8. Though it did reset the autoplay option to version 7, jut had to switch it back.

Well I only played Bourne Ultimatum, I could see the main menu but the background was black, playing the movie or choosing a chapter also resulted in black background and no sound. Maybe 4102 VC-1 codec is stuffed when used in PDVD8? As soon as I switched back to 3730a, Bourne Ultimatum played fine in PDVD8 again.

No problems with Bourne ultimatum or any VC-1 films. Maybe Cyberlink jinxed your computer.

I have missing video, with working menus, every now and again in PDVD. Reboot fixes it. I think it may be MPC-HC crashing. Sometimes it kills its visible window on exit, but the process keeps running, possibly preventing other video apps working. But even if this is true there are probably many things that could cause the same symptoms.

I also have problems with this new patch!
MPEG4 hardware acceleration is not supported.

But this time, replacing the CL264dec.ax file doesn't work.

I can read MPEG4 files without any problem (acceleration is on, even if the file is the film on a BD disc!!!), but when trying to read a Blu-ray structure (disc or ISO), all I get is a black screen.
When I push on STOP, and then on PLAY again, I get an error message, saying that my graphic drivers are not compatible!!! :doh:

This, while version 8 plays fine (after replacing the decoder, of course!)...

I use WinXP.

The cause could be that I am using MSI drivers, now dating december 2007, as my graphic card won't accept anything else.

Anyone else can confirm this problem?

Back