• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

POwerDVD 7.3 and HDCP

Morkph

PowerDVD 7.3 and HDCP vs demo version of AnyDVD

I spent quite a bit of cash on various stuff:
vista
powerdvd 7.3 ultra
Nvidia 8800GTS
Core2duo 6600
2 GB fast ram
etc etc

Now the bloody PowerDVD keep saying that my monitor is a HDCP repeater and is prohibited from displaying any content on my beamer (even old school DVD's). I look on the Internet for solutions, come to this website. I install the demo version, and still the message keeps appearing.

I reinstalled powerdvd and anydvd 3 times now, restarted my computer every time as was advised.

So my main question is:
Does your demo version not implement any defense against this (HDCP) disgusting type of content protection?

I'm quite sure I selected anydvd HD when trying to download from your website. If your software cannot help me, there's no reason to buy the software.

Last edited:
My Input

vista
powerdvd 7.3 ultra
Nvidia 8800GTS
Core2duo 6600
2 GB fast ram
etc etc

Now the bloody PowerDVD keep saying that my monitor is a HDCP repeater and is prohibited from displaying any content on my beamer (even old school DVD's). I look on the Internet for solutions, come to this website. I install the demo version, and still the message keeps appearing.

I reinstalled powerdvd and anydvd 3 times now, restarted my computer every time as was advised.

So my main question is:
Does your demo version not implement any defense against this (HDCP) disgusting type of content protection?

I'm quite sure I selected anydvd HD when trying to download from your website. If your software cannot help me, there's no reason to buy the software.

Despite what has been written Vista gets into HDCP as well. Try connecting your monitor via Analog VGA connector. That worked for me with Vista (under XP I could use DVI-D as long as AnyDVD/HD was running)

vista
powerdvd 7.3 ultra
Nvidia 8800GTS
Core2duo 6600
2 GB fast ram
etc etc

So my main question is:

I'm using purchased versions of AnyDVD 6.1.3.2 and PowerDVD Ultral 7.3, on non-HDCP compliant monitors, with no problems under Vista. First, try a different monitor. If this doesn't work, I suggest you download and install the latest motherboard and video card drivers (you may need to update your motherboard bios as well). If this does'nt work, reinstall Vista and start over again.

Intel D975XBX motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2 GB Corsair XMS2 (PC2 6400) memory
ATI X1950XTX 512MB video card
Western Digital Raptor X 150GB hard drive (SATA)
Western Digital 500 GB hard drive (SATA) x 2
Lite-On LH-2B1S Blu-ray Disc Triple Writer (SATA)
XBox 360 HD DVD drive (usb)

Last edited:
Despite what has been written Vista gets into HDCP as well. Try connecting your monitor via Analog VGA connector. That worked for me with Vista (under XP I could use DVI-D as long as AnyDVD/HD was running)

Thanks for the reply, but it is only powerDVD 7.3 that is indiscriminatory with regard of the content. Other software (I've downloaded a winDVD8 trial version yesterday) gives no problems with normal 'unprotected' content.

Besides the only reason I upgraded my computer is so I could do everything via DVI/HDMI, which my receiver happily accepts and sends to the beamer.

Though I used to prefer powerDVD, it seems the right time to switch software. Bit of a waste of US$99 on the ultra version, but then again I should have read the forums first.

From what I read so far on these forums spending US$79 on AnyDVD is not going to help either, so I'll just be patient and see if future software provides any solutions.

I'm using purchased versions of AnyDVD 6.1.3.2 and PowerDVD Ultral 7.3, on non-HDCP compliant monitors, with no problems under Vista. First, try a different monitor. If this doesn't work, I suggest you download and install the latest motherboard and video card drivers (you may need to update your motherboard bios as well). If this does'nt work, reinstall Vista and start over again.

Thanks for the tips and I can guarantee you I've installed and updated drivers/bios etc. Remember this is a brand new computer and I try to be as up to date as possible.

I can use powerDVD 7.3 on my regular monitor, simply not on my 2nd screen, which it indicates "is a HDCP repeater and is prohibited from displaying any content".

I wanted to know, if AnyDVD could help get rid of this problem, but apparently it cannot.

Thanks for the tips and I can guarantee you I've installed and updated drivers/bios etc. Remember this is a brand new computer and I try to be as up to date as possible.

I can use powerDVD 7.3 on my regular monitor, simply not on my 2nd screen, which it indicates "is a HDCP repeater and is prohibited from displaying any content".

I wanted to know, if AnyDVD could help get rid of this problem, but apparently it cannot.

I can confirm that the second monitor does not display video but I'm not getting any error messages, just no video, in the PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 window.

I'd be willing to bet that it's PowerDVD rather than AnyDVD HD. Slysoft has the best user support on the planet so buy their products without hesitation.

I haven't tried WinDVD8 but, if it works, then this only confirms that it's a PowerDVD problem.

Back