• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 21 Ultra updated to build 2019, September 1, 2021

whatever_gong82

Install this patch to add the program’s playback compatibility with Intel Alder Lake CPU.

Updates PowerDVD 21 to build 2019

Note: This patch is not for PowerDVD subscription version, hardware bundled/pre-installed versions, volume license, or versions purchased via the Microsoft Store and Steam.

Adds Blu-ray movie/DVD/media file playback compatibility with the new Intel 12th Generation Alder Lake CPUs.

User interface improvements and other minor bug fixes.

https://www.cyberlink.com/

Can anyone confirm an issue with PowerDVD 21 Ultra on Windows 10 ?

I can only get one successful playback of a UHD BDMV folder per reboot.
Restarting PowerDVD 21 doesn’t fix the issue. The second attempt at playback looks like it’s starting, but the PDVD window goes blank, with audio playing. PDVD has to be terminated from Task Manager.

DVD and HD Blu-Ray folder playback works OK
(UHD Blu-Ray media playback works OK with or without AnyDVD)

Last edited:
OK, I finally resolved this issue after time wasted reinstalling PowerDVD, tracking down possible software conflicts etc..

Here's the explanation
The first playback of a UHD BVMV folder works perfectly with PowerDVD 21 Ultra. I always select play with SDR as I don't have an HDR monitor I also select don't match the refresh rate to the source material (playback at 60Hz looks fine to me)

Attempting to play a second UHD BDMV folder appears to result in a blank display, with PowerDVD apparently hung.

The monitor is set to output on HDMI2 4K@60Hz

For some reason on one occasion I happened to switch the monitor to HDMI1 4K@23.976Hz just as the display on HDMI2 went blank.
There was a brief message from PowerDVD 'Switched to SDR'.

It looks like PowerDVD is resyncing and that causes the sync to be lost on HDMI2.
Switching back to HDMI2 causes the monitor to resync and playback on HDMI2 is restored !!

It looks like a bug with PowerDVD 21 Ultra, but I doubt Cyberlink will fix it. PowerDVD 17 Ultra doesn't have the issue, it doesn't offer the 'match refresh rate' option, so I expect this is where the bug could have been introduced.

Last edited:
Back