PowerDVD 21 Ultra just got released for 2021

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by whatever_gong82, Apr 16, 2021.

1. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

You can use CloneBD to test for Cinavia, even if you haven't bought the program.

:)

2. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

I've gotten several ambiguously false signals from CloneBD, so I fall back to a more laborious method to test for it. Two burnt copies of "Jason Bourne" that retained Cinavia can attest to that.

Using my method I know for sure if Cinavia is present or not.

It also puts less stress on admittedly middling powered computers and less than great BD writers. I've already trashed one BD writer drive so it won't recognize BD pre-recorded media or blank discs. Reads and writes CDs and DVDs without a hitch. A drive I can't replace at present. I don't mind a bit of time between rip and write-out to a blank.

Coincidentally most BDs I purchase and back-up haven't had Cinavia on them.

And FYI, I have indeed purchased CloneBD lifetime. A purchase I don't regret one bit, though the cost was for this eternally cheap dude quite a pinch on my small fixed income.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  3. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you have a system that works for you, and that you got CloneBD in your toolkit.

FYI, remember that Sony Pictures, Universal (which made Jason Bourne in 2016), and Lionsgate all use Cinavia for their Blu-ray discs and DVDs.

I'm just glad that Warner Brothers, Disney and Paramount almost never use Cinavia, or I'd just buy pre-Cinavia made Blu-ray discs/DVDs.

:)

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Make sure, not to probe at the beginning of a movie. Sometimes the Cinavia signal starts after several minutes runtime.

5. FurryGuy

M'ok, I'll play dumb (not all that much of a stretch) and ask how to use CloneBD as a Cinavia test platform. I've search the fora for a procedure, but couldn't find anything. Probably my ineptitude regarding "how to search."

After doing a wider 'net search I found this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/detecting-cinavia-through-clonebd.67723/ Is this the "how to" I couldn't find?

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Simple, on the title selection screen, hover over the main title and an play button will appear. Click it then skip ahead bit as the cinavia signal doesn't always start at the movie beginning or the movie is too quiet at the start to detect. Let it play for a few minutes and if detected Very the beaver at the top should tell you if it's detected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7. FurryGuy

I've played around with using the built-in player a couple of times after I had purchased CloneBD, I never knew how useful it was.

As an experiment I played my original BD of "Jason Bourne" and found out how useful the CBD player is. Within a couple of seconds the watermark alert popped up.

I was not using AnyDVD HD and CloneBD as fully as I could. Now that I know how easily and quickly the watermark is detected I won't bother with my other procedure.

Thanks for all the help and gentle nudging to using the tools I have to the fullest. :)

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Ha you're welcome!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk