• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 21 Ultra just got released for 2021

My primary use for PDVD 17 is to detect if my BD ISO has Cinavia or not. I very much prefer having a burnt disc to play in one of my standalone BD players.

Long story short I rip the BD, play the ISO without AnyDVD running in the background for about 25-30 minutes. No popup the BD seems to not have Cinavia. If Cinavia is present I re-rip the ISO with AnyDVD active with the virtual drive and let CloneBD/AnyDVD do their eradication "magic."

PDVD 17 is up-to-date for me. :p
You can use CloneBD to test for Cinavia, even if you haven't bought the program.

:)

I've gotten several ambiguously false signals from CloneBD, so I fall back to a more laborious method to test for it. Two burnt copies of "Jason Bourne" that retained Cinavia can attest to that.

Using my method I know for sure if Cinavia is present or not.

It also puts less stress on admittedly middling powered computers and less than great BD writers. I've already trashed one BD writer drive so it won't recognize BD pre-recorded media or blank discs. Reads and writes CDs and DVDs without a hitch. A drive I can't replace at present. I don't mind a bit of time between rip and write-out to a blank.

Coincidentally most BDs I purchase and back-up haven't had Cinavia on them.

And FYI, I have indeed purchased CloneBD lifetime. A purchase I don't regret one bit, though the cost was for this eternally cheap dude quite a pinch on my small fixed income.

I've gotten several ambiguously false signals from CloneBD, so I fall back to a more laborious method to test for it. Two burnt copies of "Jason Bourne" that retained Cinavia can attest to that.

Using my method I know for sure if Cinavia is present or not.

It also puts less stress on admittedly middling powered computers and less than great BD writers. I've already trashed one BD writer drive so it won't recognize BD pre-recorded media or blank discs. Reads and writes CDs and DVDs without a hitch. A drive I can't replace at present. I don't mind a bit of time between rip and write-out to a blank.

Coincidentally most BDs I purchase and back-up haven't had Cinavia on them.

And FYI, I have indeed purchased CloneBD lifetime. A purchase I don't regret one bit, though the cost was for this eternally cheap dude quite a pinch on my small fixed income.
I'm glad that you have a system that works for you, and that you got CloneBD in your toolkit.

FYI, remember that Sony Pictures, Universal (which made Jason Bourne in 2016), and Lionsgate all use Cinavia for their Blu-ray discs and DVDs.

I'm just glad that Warner Brothers, Disney and Paramount almost never use Cinavia, or I'd just buy pre-Cinavia made Blu-ray discs/DVDs.

I've gotten several ambiguously false signals from CloneBD
Make sure, not to probe at the beginning of a movie. Sometimes the Cinavia signal starts after several minutes runtime.

Simple, on the title selection screen, hover over the main title and an play button will appear. Click it then skip ahead bit as the cinavia signal doesn't always start at the movie beginning or the movie is too quiet at the start to detect. Let it play for a few minutes and if detected Very the beaver at the top should tell you if it's detected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Simple, on the title selection screen, hover over the main title and an play button will appear. Click it then skip ahead bit as the cinavia signal doesn't always start at the movie beginning or the movie is too quiet at the start to detect. Let it play for a few minutes and if detected Very the beaver at the top should tell you if it's detected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I've played around with using the built-in player a couple of times after I had purchased CloneBD, I never knew how useful it was.

As an experiment I played my original BD of "Jason Bourne" and found out how useful the CBD player is. Within a couple of seconds the watermark alert popped up.

I was not using AnyDVD HD and CloneBD as fully as I could. Now that I know how easily and quickly the watermark is detected I won't bother with my other procedure.

Thanks for all the help and gentle nudging to using the tools I have to the fullest. :)

I was stupid enough to buy Cyberlink PowerDVD 21 today. Now all my remuxed UHD/HD blu-rays with HD audio (and apparently cinavia in them) no longer play with audio. Can AnyDVDHD help out with that?
Ironically, Cyberlink will probably release PowerDVD 22 right around the same date (give or take about a week) that I mentioned the release of PowerDVD 21 last year, which was April 15, 2021.

Check AnyDVD settings and ensure "Prevent player from detecting cinavia" is checked.

Thx for the reply. :) Just to make sure, does this work for playing .mkv files with HD audio in them via PowerDVD too? (I denoise a lot, then remux). I don't have AnyDVDHD yet, as, back when, I could only get it with bitcoin (and I have bo idea how to do that). If it can do it, I plan to buy AnyDVDHD, after all (one way or another).

Last edited:
Ironically, Cyberlink will probably release PowerDVD 22 right around the same date (give or take about a week) that I mentioned the release of PowerDVD 21 last year, which was April 15, 2021.

LOL, when it rains, it pours. :)

I did get it at 40% discount, though (guess I now know why).

Yes it has an option to prevent powerdvd from detecting cinavia in any media.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

LOL, when it rains, it pours. :)

I did get it at 40% discount, though (guess I now know why).
It's ok.

Like I said earlier in this thread, once you purchase AnyDVD, you can easily use PowerDVD Ultra versions 10 all the way to the latest version of 21, and RedFox will easily update AnyDVD once Cyberlink releases PowerDVD 22 in another week or so.

:thankyou:

Thx. Going to get a lifetime license now. Wish this cinavia crap was over with. Guess they're still doing it, though. Grrr.
The movie studios are run by the same type of mental midgets that love to make it hard for legit customers to enjoy their legally bought and paid for media.

The 'scene people could care less, since what they're doing is illegal anyway.

I will simply make the case that using any official players is foolish anyway. A proper htpc with madvr kicks the living stuffing out of official players. No cinavia either.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Sadly, credit card payment didn't go thru. :( Not declined, but my bank openened with a notification to accept the payment. I did; then the redfox page said to proceed, but said there was an error. Now when I try again, your purchase page says "payment in progress!", and won't let me retake the order. Sigh. You guys are not making it easy to give ypu money.

Back