• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 18.0.1815.62: AnyDVD software player Cinavia detection circumvention doesn't support

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
PowerDVD 18.0.1815.62 was released on July 8th, 2018. It's signed June 24th. AnyDVD's software player Cinavia detection circumvention no longer works. An update appears to be necessary.

Wow, this notification came just in the nick of time for me.

I just bought the PDVD 18 upgrade yesterday and was about to install it and update to 18.0.1815.62 tonight.

Now, I'll hold off 'til Cinavia detection works with this PDVD release.

Thanks @DrinkLyeAndDie !

EDIT: Just noticed James said to test Cinavia removal in AnyDVD 8.2.6.2. beta.

Are you using that or 8.2.6.0?

T

Last edited:
PowerDVD 18.0.1815.62 was released on July 8th, 2018. It's signed June 24th. AnyDVD's software player Cinavia detection circumvention no longer works. An update appears to be necessary.
@James I can verify DrinkLyeAndDie above that AnyDVD 8.2.6.2 and the mentioned PowerDVD update DO NOT detect Cinavia for playback. Life 2017 and Deepwater Horizon get the Cinavia Warnings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I can confirm, that PowerDVD 18.0.1815.62 isn't working, the AnyDVD notification icon doesn't change color during playback.

[SNIP}

EDIT: Just noticed James said to test Cinavia removal in AnyDVD 8.2.6.2. beta.

Are you using that or 8.2.6.0?

I actually started a movie and walked away and Cinavia kicked in with 8.2.6.2 beta but it appears the version of AnyDVD doesn't matter. When running AnyDVD 8.2.6.0, 8.2.6.1 beta, and 8.2.6.2 beta the systray icon never turns purple. I checked before reporting the issue. I didn't bother testing versions prior to 8.2.6.0. I simply assumed that a change was made to PowerDVD that AnyDVD hasn't been updated to handle which happens time to time.

Thanks for the heads up. I can confirm, that PowerDVD 18.0.1815.62 isn't working, the AnyDVD notification icon doesn't change color during playback.

Glad to help. Surprised no one else had reported this already, actually.

I actually started a movie and walked away and Cinavia kicked in with 8.2.6.2 beta but it appears the version of AnyDVD doesn't matter. When running AnyDVD 8.2.6.0, 8.2.6.1 beta, and 8.2.6.2 beta the systray icon never turns purple. I checked before reporting the issue. I didn't bother testing versions prior to 8.2.6.0. I simply assumed that a change was made to PowerDVD that AnyDVD hasn't been updated to handle which happens time to time.

Ok.

Just asked because if 8.2.6.0 was ok, I could still go forward with the PDVD 18 upgrade.

Thanks.

T

I'm a bit confused here. Does Cinavia detection still work with AnyDVD HD and CloneBD?

Anydvd doesn't detect cinavia at all, it never has. CloneBD does. The current function that's broken in 826x is the PREVENT DETECTION in software players like powerdvd 18.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back