• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16

Anyone got 3D BD to work? PDVD is refusing to play when ReClock is on. GTX960.
My NVIDIA card works, but I don't use ReClock.

Others who have been experiencing troubles with NVIDIA had to reinstall the driver _ you have to do a clean install and start from scratch.
When installing "go advanced" and the choice will be there for a clean install.

I'm using Power DVD 14.

No, unfortunately. Use your processor graphics for 3D perhaps?

BD3D and Reclock havent worked for me since I had to upgrade my HTPC. I went to Win10 at the same time I initially "upgraded" to an intel 5th gen NUC...didnt work with that using integrated HD6000 (software and hardware rendering didnt make a difference). I dumped the NUC (for more reasons than this) and got the Zotac GTX970 with the integrated 960 with the same results. With both systems, I had expected not using hardware acceleration would get around the issue, that did not prove to be a remedy.

I just dont know if its PDVD, Reclock, NVidia, or a mix that is causing this playback issue. I'm happy to test any suggestions of you have em :)

My NVIDIA card works, but I don't use ReClock.

Others who have been experiencing troubles with NVIDIA had to reinstall the driver _ you have to do a clean install and start from scratch.
When installing "go advanced" and the choice will be there for a clean install.

I'm using Power DVD 14.

I've tried...no joy I'm afraid.

I've tried...no joy I'm afraid.
I'm also assuming that after the clean install that you have gone into the NVIDIA control panel and set up 3D settings in there.
I found that I had to jump through allot of hoops, the NVIDIA control panel has to be told which eye sees the correct pattern > apply > test > apply > do you see the object in this pattern >yes/no > apply etc. (something like that)
This has to be done first before even going into Power DVD.
After that's done, the button in Power DVD has to be selected.
Nothing seems to happen automatically, you have to tell the computer to do everything.

I'll refresh the procedure tomorrow _ I haven't watched any 3D movies in a while.

Sometimes it will save the settings and sometimes it won't, it's finicky.

I'm also assuming that after the clean install that you have gone into the NVIDIA control panel and set up 3D settings in there.
I found that I had to jump through allot of hoops, the NVIDIA control panel has to be told which eye sees the correct pattern > apply > test > apply > do you see the object in this pattern >yes/no > apply etc. (something like that)
This has to be done first before even going into Power DVD.
After that's done, the button in Power DVD has to be selected.
Nothing seems to happen automatically, you have to tell the computer to do everything.

I'll refresh the procedure tomorrow _ I haven't watched any 3D movies in a while.

Sometimes it will save the settings and sometimes it won't, it's finicky.

Yeah, all that done. I mean, I can watch 3D Blu rays, just not with Reclock enabled. So, it does work, but without the benefits I'd like from Reclock (occasional frame drops being most notable for me).

Yeah, all that done. I mean, I can watch 3D Blu rays, just not with Reclock enabled. So, it does work, but without the benefits I'd like from Reclock (occasional frame drops being most notable for me).
So you need re-clock because your monitor doesn't refresh at 23.976 or 24 Hz (can't remember which is required for 3D).
What is the make and model number of your display ?
What are the refresh rates in the NVIDIA control panel that it displays ?

Obviously if it's a 3D display those two refresh rates should be available.

I think the problem may be with Power DVD.
Click on the "Gear" icon in Power DVD and go to "Settings"
Scroll and click on the "Reset" tab that says "Reset "Never Ask Again" Dialogs" and click "OK"
Close Power DVD.

If the choice is there, choose to refresh you display at 23.976Hz for 3D (disable re-clock of course)

Try again _ Power DVD may throw up the message that your refresh rate does not match your display and it will ask you if you want it to _ don't let it _ this function doesn't work that well in Power DVD, at least I don't think so.
Sometimes it wants to change it when I know it is the correct refresh rate.
It was a thing they added to compete with Arc-Soft and it never really worked that well _ it never really worked that well in Arc-Soft either. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't need to use re-clock.

The problem isn't with the display, it's with the graphics card/drivers. Our TVs will accept both 23.976 and 24.000 fps but the PC may sync at the wrong one or at 23.970 or something else that's not quite right and results in dropped or duplicated frames to keep the audio and video in sync. This is why many of us rely on ReClock which works awesomely for 2D but not NVidia 3D. NVidia had the first cards that did 4K at 60hz so a lot of us are stuck with them :) I may go back to Intel as I'd rather have smooth 3D than 4K @ 60 for now.

The problem isn't with the display, it's with the graphics card/drivers. Our TVs will accept both 23.976 and 24.000 fps but the PC may sync at the wrong one or at 23.970 or something else that's not quite right and results in dropped or duplicated frames to keep the audio and video in sync. This is why many of us rely on ReClock which works awesomely for 2D but not NVidia 3D. NVidia had the first cards that did 4K at 60hz so a lot of us are stuck with them :) I may go back to Intel as I'd rather have smooth 3D than 4K @ 60 for now.
Well then I'll have to check and see what driver I'm using, I have no problems with dropped frames with my GT980, and I don't use reclock,
2D or 3D.
I'm still using W7 though, maybe that has something to do with it, but it shouldn't make a difference.
One OS is the same as the other when it comes to HTPC's _ one would think anyway.

BD3D and Reclock havent worked for me since I had to upgrade my HTPC. I went to Win10 at the same time I initially "upgraded" to an intel 5th gen NUC...didnt work with that using integrated HD6000 (software and hardware rendering didnt make a difference). I dumped the NUC (for more reasons than this) and got the Zotac GTX970 with the integrated 960 with the same results. With both systems, I had expected not using hardware acceleration would get around the issue, that did not prove to be a remedy.

I just dont know if its PDVD, Reclock, NVidia, or a mix that is causing this playback issue. I'm happy to test any suggestions of you have em :)
I'm running a very old driver from November 9th 2015 _ 358.91, it still works so I leave it alone.
I'm not saying that it will solve your problem and that you will be able to watch 3D movies with out re-clock, but the info is here if you need it and want to try.

Another thing that may the problem is the upgrade to W10 _ a clean install is better, but I can't remember how to do that in an upgrade situation.
I know you can do an install if you have a W10 disc (64 bit) that will wipe everything if you choose to do so, or you can have it choose to save your files.

You may also pick a "high contrast" theme. (a high contrast theme is a basic theme)
There was a problem in W7 where if you ran a Windows them that wasn't basic, it would interfere with the proper playback of movies and cause micro-stuttering.
Turning off the desk top back ground screen rotation would also solve this in W7.

Maybe the problem still exists in W10.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
Back