• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16

Hey about reclock, I don't really know for what it is usefull?

I have a FullHD Beamer which does no picture interpolation, so my BD Videos will play in about 24fps,
the beamer itself can process up to at least 60Hz.

Is there a possibility to "cheat" VLC/ or PowerDVD to process the video into 60Hz by calculation picture interpolation?
(german: zwischenbilder).

"yes we will soon"
Hi James. Not trying to be pushy by any means...just curious if you had an ETA in mind for PDVD16 support? Just asking because I'm actually seeing LESS bugs with PDVD16 than I did with 15/14, and if Reclock support can work its magic to perfect video playback, I'll be one freaking happy kitten ;)

just to be curisoise i dont get what reclock does, can anyone explain it to me pls?

and with which versions of powerdvd does it work?

@SD_J-I_88
Currently ReClock works with PowerDVD 15 and older versions.
What it does is to change the speed of the audio a little bit to prevent dropped or repeated frames. E.g. if one plays a 23.976p video on a 24.000Hz monitor without ReClock a few frames need to be repeated over time. Some people don't mind, others are annoyed by these little hickups. With ReClock the video is played a tiny bit faster at 24.000p matching the monitor and therefore running smoothly. (Note this only works for (rather small) timing issues. Faulty drivers, slow hardware, etc. can't obviously be magically cured.)
It does not however do frame interpolation. But PowerDVD can do that on its own (TrueTheater™ Motion).

Hi James. Not trying to be pushy by any means...just curious if you had an ETA in mind for PDVD16 support? Just asking because I'm actually seeing LESS bugs with PDVD16 than I did with 15/14, and if Reclock support can work its magic to perfect video playback, I'll be one freaking happy kitten ;)
Please try the attached version 1.8.9.0. Use with caution, no guarantee, etc...

Attachments

• SetupReClock1890.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
Please try the attached version 1.8.9.0. Use with caution, no guarantee, etc...
Thx James :)
I only had time to try playing a few minutes with one movie so far (Ant Man) and saw some micro stutter. Not sure tho if its a PDVD issue or not. I'll report back once I have more info.

Anyone got 3D BD to work? PDVD is refusing to play when ReClock is on. GTX960.

Unfortunately, no. I have a GTX960 as well and have to disable Reclock for 3D Blu rays with PDVD 15 and 16. If Reclock loads, the screen will turn a very faint purple hue...eventually PDVD quits saying to select a different 3D display device. My previous build had a GTX460 with PDVD14 and Reclock did work with 3D. I've just kinda learned to live with this for the occasion I watch a 3D movie.

Yes, same behaviour here... I hate that purple.

James, is there anything we can do to help with this issue?

Unfortunately, no. I have a GTX960 as well and have to disable Reclock for 3D Blu rays with PDVD 15 and 16. If Reclock loads, the screen will turn a very faint purple hue...eventually PDVD quits saying to select a different 3D display device. My previous build had a GTX460 with PDVD14 and Reclock did work with 3D. I've just kinda learned to live with this for the occasion I watch a 3D movie.
I am able to reproduce this. Must be something in the more recent Nvidia drivers, I am quite sure, it worked before. Nvidia 3D has always been a little strange, for historical reasons.

Back