• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16 is out!

Just looked at the main page for the BDR-206MBK Pioneer drive, it says it can read BDXL discs, that's not the same as UHD. As I said in my last post, that drive is from 2011, so I doubt it will be able to read the discs without a firmware update if at all. There have been many drives since then that can also read BDXL, but the only one I've found that can actually see the information on a UHD disc is the LG BH16NS55

Bdxl burner
But it won't read UHD bluray
The second picture is the UHD reader that I have .

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
The reader must have the date in it off October/ November 2015 manufacturing

This is the reader bdxl,
& it's cheap as hell.
What makes you confident, that it is able to authenticate AACS 2.0?
(You know, reading encrypted sectors isn't enough...)

I'm not the expert just posting my findings.
What the hell is AGID
Couldn't retrieve ??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 31
Pretty sure that's the disc ROM mark, something that can only be retrieved by a physical disc, not a virtual drive like you're using. A virtual drives can decrypt such discs but only once the disc is known to anydvd or the OPD. That's for normal bluray and is likely the same for uhd too. And since anydvd can't process uhd yet it fails to decrypt/authenticate. And uhd support isn't likely to happen anytime soon due to the lack of documentation. The entire technology needs to be reverse engineered.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Take a look at mkv log file

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 22
Not sure what your point is, we already know UHD discs can't be decrypted yet

On the nvidia shield true network drive sharing the file would play but show something else other that the move the count down begins where the main movie file starts.
Yes I know it's not decrypted yet!!

How the disc behaves in the few working drives that are out there would be important to the SMART guys.

Just for the heck of it I contacted Pioneer and asked about the BDR-2209 (aka BDR-209UBK which also IDs as the BDR-209M). I own a couple so why not ask, right? It has BD-R TL & BDR-QL support which is nice. Always has. I asked if it could read UHD discs and if not would it possibly do so via a firmware update down the road. I was linked to a page of the supported media and that nothing new has been added. Okay, so I see UHD isn't on the list. I assume UHD is its own classification? I get it. But, totally ignored my secondary question. A simple, "No" or "We have no idea at this time" or whatever would have been nice. Oh well. I didn't really expect it but it couldn't hurt to ask. I was merely curious.

How the disc behaves in the few working drives that are out there would be important to the SMART guys.
Not sure how a picture of a log in MakeMKV is going to help anyone. The 'smart' guys you refer to will use their own drive and tools to probe what's going on if they really want to know. Especially as the pictures are of mounted ISO's which won't have things like the BDROM mark on them

Last edited:
Maybe sooner then we think for a Official Release Date! ;)
RoqyZxe.png

Hmp !
That add is really pushing things too far, "No.1 Player for 4K/Blu-ray"
Ok, I can rationalize that a burnable Blu-ray disc may be available (BDXL) that can hold 4K files from 4K camera and Cyberlink is referring that _ but come on _ seriously ! (n)

Back