• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16 crash opening mkv files

skurko

I have been converting BD movies to mkv with CloneBD 1.2.4.0 since it came out without issues. Playing them with PowerDVD 16. Then I converted 3 movies today and out of nowhere, PowerDVD crashes when opening the mkv files! Really strange. Didn't change the version/patch on either CloneBD or PowerDVD. VLC can still play them!

In the (far) past when I had issues, I used MKVToolMix to "scrub" the mkv file when I had playing issues. Tried that now with no difference. Events log reveals that PowerDVD is indeed crashing. See below.

Don't expect there is much you can do, but thought i share this as it's rather odd. Been a happy user with CloneBD since a long time and hopefully this is just a glitch.

Faulting application name: PowerDVD.exe, version: 16.0.39869.7202, time stamp: 0x58414fb9
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.134, time stamp: 0xc30ded87
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0011ab32
Faulting process id: 0xd98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4cf1427babe8e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: b4232882-6402-4674-8b77-383c2f911929
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Just realized I just installed the new nVidia drivers 419.17 that just came out a couple of days ago and I use CUDA making x265 mkv files. Could be related.

Updated to latest patch of PowerDVD 18 and same issue. Previously made mkv files work fine.

I installed CloneBD 1.2.4.3 and rebooted (just in case), converted another BD and this time it plays in PowerDVD. Either my computer was in bad state, or something was fixed/improved with latest CloneBD beta. (the bad mkv files, still don't play. Will have to convert them again.)

Went back to 1.2.4.0 and PowerDVD 18 cannot play the mkv files and crashes right away. Something in that version causes it to generate bade mkv files with latest nVidia drivers. I wonder what changed in this area that 1.2.4.3 fixed.

Back