• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd 10 v1601 patch required for Avatar!

Wrong forum, should have posted in Hidef software forum

i wanted to make sure Peer saw this topic incase it helps crack the new BD+

Dear Friends

There are lots of other devices, which must be updated before playing Avatar, such as Sony BDP-S350, Panasonic Blu-Ray players, HDI Dune, Popcorn Hour C200 etc.

I think it's a couple of hours or days, when SlySoft will be able to remove this protection. Let them work.

Don't start the new topics with Avatar protection problems, everyone on the world know that.

Best regards.

Sincerely

I was able to play the disc just fine with PDVD 10 build 1516 and Corel WinDVD Pro 2010. No updates at all with PDVD. Corel would not play it unless I was connected to the internet but I was never asked to download any update for it. Was also able to play it on my PS3 without an update.

I've moved the post to the HD software forum. Peer doesn't care about this, believe me. :)

I was able to play the disc just fine with PDVD 10 build 1516 and Corel WinDVD Pro 2010.

Could you tell me which build of WinDVD Pro 2010 do you have? I have WinDVD Pro 2010 10.0.5.298 and I cannot force it to play the Avatar disc... After inserting the disc it tries to read it, but then it just stops and displays black screen :mad:

Thanks,

K.

Hopefully they come out with a patch for TMT too because it doesn't work when playing back the disc through TMD.

I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath on that one. For TMT3 you're going to need to contact Customer Support and open an issue with them. As soon as I get my disc in an hour or so (God willing) I'll be doing the same.

I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath on that one. For TMT3 you're going to need to contact Customer Support and open an issue with them. As soon as I get my disc in an hour or so (God willing) I'll be doing the same.
Cool. It could be my drive too. It possibly needs a firmware update for this disc, just like all the other Pioneer stand alone Blu-ray players. I have the Pioneer BDR-205 drive. I'm sure they will be getting tons of complaints about Avatar today.

Unlikely to be the drive. TMT3 does NOT work with this disc. It's been confirmed on the ArcSoft forum. Doesn't look like TMT2 does, either. So, ArcSoft's got some cleaning up to do. But I wouldn't expect that quickly. I need to find out if PDVD9 works or not cause that's what I was planning on using to watch it myself, but, PDVD10 needed an update (obviously) so I'm left believing that PDVD9 is screwed. I'll know for sure as soon as the UPS guy/gal gets here.

Unlikely to be the drive. TMT3 does NOT work with this disc. It's been confirmed on the ArcSoft forum. Doesn't look like TMT2 does, either. So, ArcSoft's got some cleaning up to do. But I wouldn't expect that quickly. I need to find out if PDVD9 works or not cause that's what I was planning on using to watch it myself, but, PDVD10 needed an update (obviously) so I'm left believing that PDVD9 is screwed. I'll know for sure as soon as the UPS guy/gal gets here.
Good to know its not a drive issue then. I actually just installed PowerDVD right now to see if that works, but you need to pay for the latest upgrade. The disc version that came with my Blu-ray drive is 9. I will just wait it out I guess. Not a huge deal as I can still play it on my PS3. I just wanted to see how good it would look on my 24' Samsung1080p monitor.

I can use my PS3, as well. (Good ole stand by :D) But, I'd rather use my kick ass HTPC. sigh.

I'm watching it on PDVD9 now with no problems. Apparently 10 and 9 are not using the same BD+ stack. How...nice. :) What a gorgeous BD.

I was able to play the disc just fine with PDVD 10 build 1516 and Corel WinDVD Pro 2010. No updates at all with PDVD. Corel would not play it unless I was connected to the internet but I was never asked to download any update for it. Was also able to play it on my PS3 without an update.

Tried PDVD 10 build 1516 and it played as well although I have not watched the whole movie. One caveat for me, I have Win7 autoplay on, AnyDVD HD disabled, and I was not connected to the internet but when I inserted the disk my drive stopped reading the disk and PDVD did not launch. Started PDVD manually and the movie started playing...

jidelite

PDVD9 did something I've never seen before. After the credits were over (I was just checking to see any extra hidden scenes at the end) PDVD9 exited. I mean just plain flat out exited. Very odd.

PDVD 7.3 Ultra worked out of the box on Avatar (LG GGC-H20L) after accepting update to the latest 5711 patch (released last October, apparently). I've been using TMT2 on a different environment since before then so hadn't bothered updating PDVD, but TMT2 can't play Avatar at all (nor TMT3 - glad I didn't upgrade), so I switched to my old HTPC system which still had PDVD 7.3 build 5105 from Feb09 on it.

Strange that the OEM/Retail version of a legacy product is ahead of all the latest versions. Previewed first 15 minutes, no problems. Will find out on the weekend if it does the whole thing.

Edit: watched the whole thing tonight - some pixelation after 1h41 and 2h15 -played ok otherwise. Same scenes played ok on replay. Internet update must be for player recertification because Oct09 patch plays this ok.

Last edited:
Could you tell me which build of WinDVD Pro 2010 do you have? I have WinDVD Pro 2010 10.0.5.298 and I cannot force it to play the Avatar disc... After inserting the disc it tries to read it, but then it just stops and displays black screen :mad:

Thanks,

K.

V. 10.0.05.291.102804. It would not play with the htpc disconnected from the internet. Gave me a red screen saying my player needed a firmware upgrade. As soon as I reconnected it to the internet it played fine without updating anything.

I also updated PDVD10 to the new version even though the movie played fine with build 1516. The new one works great.

Last edited:
Back