Power DVD8 Ultra NOHDDVD support Releasetime: April 2008

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by DonCarlos, Mar 8, 2008.

1. DonCarlos

DonCarlos Well-Known Member

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Badly Translated Version

P.S. Seems the rumors I read a while ago are true and they are removing HD DVD support. What a rip off.

3. daman

daman Member

I don't get it, why remove hd dvd support? Would it cost them more money? Shouldn't they just keep whatever code they already have?

4. SamuriHL

According to the badly translated article it has to do with licensing costs which is absolute BS as far as I'm concerned. They would have already paid the licensing fees for PowerDVD 7. I can't believe that they'd have to pay new licensing fees for PowerDVD 8. This move is utterly moronic as the code for HD DVD will never change. They're going to piss off a lot of potential customers by doing this.

5. SamuriHL

Ouch! That's gotta hurt! :) Yea, did you see some of the crap in that article? Quad core required for some of the new stuff coming out??? Give me a break.

6. XxDeadlyxX

XxDeadlyxX Well-Known Member

FUD... Cyberlink themselves have already confirmed PDVD8 will have HD-DVD... even the beta has the HD-DVD logo :agree:

7. SamuriHL

I sincerely hope you're right. I agree with James when he said this would be completely stupid to do. There's no (good) reason to remove support for HD DVD at this point.