• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD V7.3 Ultra error code 80040216

Rolfy

Hi All

I just created a .iso of the BR movie 300 via these instructions:

"This method removes all protection from the ISO. This would seem like a desired behaviour, but, what happens if AnyDVD contains a bug, as we saw with the first version to support BD+? Once the bug is fixed, you will have to rerip your ISO from the original again to get a corrected image. Therefore, my recommended way is:

-ENABLE AnyDVD
-Insert Original Disc and allow AnyDVD to connect to the update server if necessary to acquire a key for the title
-DISABLE AnyDVD
-Load CloneCD (ImgBurn does not currently allow to read an encrypted image. Will update if this changes in the future)
-Select read. (TIP: Simply give your file a .iso extension and CloneCD will create a single ISO file rather than the split .dvd file)"

I labelled the movie 300.iso when I was in read cloneCD

When I play in Power DVD i get the error code 80040216 why is this?

I need to use the PDVD v7.3 as I have the LG Super Multi Blue GGW-H20L and the only way I can watch the newer movies is to use the latest Power DVD version..

I do have any HD DVD running when attempting to play iso..

Cheers for your help!

Rolfy

Enable AnyDVD?

Since you are creating an encrypted ISO, you must have AnyDVD enabled when you mount the ISO. Did you?

If running == enabled, then Nevermind!

Last edited:
Yup, those are my directions so I can tell you AnyDVD needs to be enabled to play back the protected ISO. If you want to have an unprotected image you need to keep AnyDVD enabled during ripping with CloneCD. Then you don't need to have AnyDVD enabled for play back of your mounted ISO. If you have any questions, let me know.

Yup, those are my directions so I can tell you AnyDVD needs to be enabled to play back the protected ISO. If you want to have an unprotected image you need to keep AnyDVD enabled during ripping with CloneCD. Then you don't need to have AnyDVD enabled for play back of your mounted ISO. If you have any questions, let me know.

Hi SamuriHL
I do have anyHDDVD enabled during playback and still get the error.

Thanks

Rolfy

OK OK, I have to ask, since i've seen these instructions before.

WHY oh why do you have to have AnyDVD read the disc (or get a key for it) if you're only going to then disable it before you make the ISO?

If you're making the ISO with AnyDVD disabled, then what was the point of the first 2 steps?

Hi SamuriHL
I do have anyHDDVD enabled during playback and still get the error.

Thanks

Rolfy

That's not good. I'm honestly not sure what's causing it. A quick glance through google suggests maybe reinstalling PowerDVD. Make sure you're using build 3730a, as well. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

OK OK, I have to ask, since i've seen these instructions before.

WHY oh why do you have to have AnyDVD read the disc (or get a key for it) if you're only going to then disable it before you make the ISO?

If you're making the ISO with AnyDVD disabled, then what was the point of the first 2 steps?

This is actually answered in the instructions, but, I'll bite. :) The reason I recommend this is because if you have a disc that AnyDVD doesn't have a key for, it won't be able to decrypt an ISO image of that disc. So, we recommend that you let AnyDVD scan the original and acquire a key to add to the internal key database so that you can always decrypt the mounted ISO. 99% of the time, this isn't going to be an issue at ALL so it's not NECESSARY. It's just a good practice kind of recommendation.

Not sure but did you put file system as UDF 2.5. If not you will likely to have problem.

Also if possible upload log file of img burn as well.

You can try Alcohol 52% which is free or 120%. Alcohol currently have power to read AACS encrypted disc.

When the image is mounted, what does AnyDVD say about it?

It should say essentially the same as it did about the original disc. In other words, if the original indicates that it has BD+ and AACS the image should show the same.

Note also, that it is possible to enable and disable AnyDVD for each optical drive individually. It seems to default to enabled, even for psuedo-drives like disc images, but perhaps it is not for your disc image. Check that setting.

The reason I recommend this is because if you have a disc that AnyDVD doesn't have a key for, it won't be able to decrypt an ISO image of that disc.

Ahh you're referring to when it needs to go online and grab an update? I haven't had that happen to me yet! I update way too often, and it's been able to decrypt all my discs offline. Probably why I didn't think of that.

What's the technical reason for why it can't grab a key for an ISO? If it already has the key, and you have an encrypted ISO, then surely it still is able to read somewhere what key it needs? Or does it look for the Disc Volume Name and work it out that way? (Which seems dumb imho (multiple titles could have same volume name), so i'm sure i'm wrong)

By the way, you said "It's already answered in the instructions" for the first question. It's not, really, because I don't know the technical reason it can't do it from an ISO.. You could just state in the instructions "because it can't get a key from an ISO", but i'd like to know more.

Last edited:
Ahh you're referring to when it needs to go online and grab an update? I haven't had that happen to me yet! I update way too often, and it's been able to decrypt all my discs offline. Probably why I didn't think of that.

Yes, that's correct. It probably isn't going to be necessary for the majority of the people out there, but, it's the safest thing to do just to make SURE you'll be able to decrypt the ISO. Also, ImgBurn has been updated to make the "Protected Disc" check a warning dialog that I believe can be shut off now. I'll be updating my guide shortly.

Back