• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possibly Fraudulent Credit Card Charges?

SkyLiner

Hi there, I hope it's OK to ask this question here and that it won't be considered out of place.

I recently purchased an AnyDVD license key using a Visa card. The first Visa card I tried using was denied and when I chatted with support, they told me to let the credit card company know that the charge would be coming either from China or (I can't remember the 2nd country...maybe it was Cambodia?). Either way, I tried 3 or 4 times with the first Visa card...but it would not go through.

So next I tried with a different Visa card...and this time the purchase went through on the first try.

About a week or 2 later, I noticed 3 suspicious charges showing as "pending" on my Visa card, the first card I tried using...the one that didn't go through. All 3 of these attempted charges were from China and they were all in the neighborhood of $500 each. After calling the credit card company, stop payments were put on the card in question...and a day or 2 later 3 more attempted charges (in the neighborhood of $500 each were showing up again on the same card). Thankfully I caught these in time before anything happened. But since this happened shortly after having had the charge go through to AnyDVD...in China, I thought it might be a little suspicious. I'm definitely not pointing the finger or anything, I just wanted to share this and see if this issue has come up before, or if others have experience similar.

Thank you

Are you sure it wasn't CNY and not USD.
All we see is the amount and not the currency type sometimes when it is such a large number. But if you do a currency calculation it will probably be really close I'm guessing.
FYI: CNY is a Chinese currency.
And since you told the bank to allow this. It could very well have been support doing a manual transaction as they've had to do so many times before.

Hi there, I hope it's OK to ask this question here and that it won't be considered out of place.

I recently purchased an AnyDVD license key using a Visa card. The first Visa card I tried using was denied and when I chatted with support, they told me to let the credit card company know that the charge would be coming either from China or (I can't remember the 2nd country...maybe it was Cambodia?). Either way, I tried 3 or 4 times with the first Visa card...but it would not go through.

So next I tried with a different Visa card...and this time the purchase went through on the first try.

About a week or 2 later, I noticed 3 suspicious charges showing as "pending" on my Visa card, the first card I tried using...the one that didn't go through. All 3 of these attempted charges were from China and they were all in the neighborhood of $500 each. After calling the credit card company, stop payments were put on the card in question...and a day or 2 later 3 more attempted charges (in the neighborhood of $500 each were showing up again on the same card). Thankfully I caught these in time before anything happened. But since this happened shortly after having had the charge go through to AnyDVD...in China, I thought it might be a little suspicious. I'm definitely not pointing the finger or anything, I just wanted to share this and see if this issue has come up before, or if others have experience similar.

I am sure this was Chinese Yuan and not dollars. If these charges are pending they will be gone in a day or two.

Oh my, you're right! The charge didn't show as a foreign currency, it looked like USD. But it appears it was CNY which was the correct amount to be charged. Thank you for clarifying that!

Best Regards

Your not the first to do that. Happens on here more than you know.
Just remember before jumping to any conclusions. Look into it further. As certain accusations can be very damaging.

Yes, thank you for your counsel. I was purposely as gentle as possible in asking the above question. I understand the challenges in running this company and all that has transpired to keep it going...and I'm grateful that it's still running!

In this might help any, in the last 2 days my card was charged twice again, it seems this time by Japanese companies ($521 and $556)...and like last times, the balance on the card reflects those charges in USD. These also carried foreign transaction fees. These payments were stopped and refunded, so no damage done.

Best Regards

Yes, thank you for your counsel. I was purposely as gentle as possible in asking the above question. I understand the challenges in running this company and all that has transpired to keep it going...and I'm grateful that it's still running!

In this might help any, in the last 2 days my card was charged twice again, it seems this time by Japanese companies ($521 and $556)...and like last times, the balance on the card reflects those charges in USD. These also carried foreign transaction fees. These payments were stopped and refunded, so no damage done.

Best Regards

We have to investigate this issue. Could you please send a copy of your statement to orders@redfox.bz ? Please put in first line or subject "for Ivan".

Thank you...

Back