• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible Virtual CloneDrive bug

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
Ok, so, the bug I alluded to in the AnyDVD HD forum. This may be a known issue but I certainly haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. If I rip a DVD to an ISO image using AnyDVD + whatever(IMGBurn, CCD, etc) and then I mount it in VCD, if I then try to open it in CloneDVD Mobile or CloneDVD, the preview doesn't work. I get an error in green text about not being able to open the VOB files. Yet if I continue to process the disc, half the time I'll get decent output and other times the video's completely garbled. I'm running Vista with UAC turned off as you probably know. I don't know what other information I can provide that might be of help. (I don't have the exact error message and I've just uninstalled VCD to test out Daemon Tools.) This works fine if mounted using Daemon Tools. Same exact image that gave me an error in VCD mounted perfectly in DT and I was able to see the preview window in both CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile with no errors. I'm always willing to help debug issues so if you need anything from me let me know. Thanks!!

Same Problem as SamuriHL

Same problem for me. Have a new HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. I have iso images that I can mount in vcd. Once mounted, I can view movie through HP QuickPlay or other movie players, but if i try to use CloneDVD or CloneDVD Mobile I get the same error message in green that tells me there was an error reading the files and to eject the disk and try cleaning it. This all worked fine in XP SP2.

Hopefully they'll fix it in the next version. Just don't ask when that'll be. ;)

Ok, so, the bug I alluded to in the AnyDVD HD forum. This may be a known issue but I certainly haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. If I rip a DVD to an ISO image using AnyDVD + whatever(IMGBurn, CCD, etc) and then I mount it in VCD, if I then try to open it in CloneDVD Mobile or CloneDVD, the preview doesn't work. I get an error in green text about not being able to open the VOB files. Yet if I continue to process the disc, half the time I'll get decent output and other times the video's completely garbled. I'm running Vista with UAC turned off as you probably know. I don't know what other information I can provide that might be of help. (I don't have the exact error message and I've just uninstalled VCD to test out Daemon Tools.) This works fine if mounted using Daemon Tools. Same exact image that gave me an error in VCD mounted perfectly in DT and I was able to see the preview window in both CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile with no errors. I'm always willing to help debug issues so if you need anything from me let me know. Thanks!!
Sorry, cannot reproduce this on XP. Must be a Vista thing... :(

Ok. I reluctantly uninstalled VCD and installed MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM and it worked fine with mounting my ISO images. I was able to use CloneDVD Mobile to create my converted file. No error messages about ejecting and cleaning disc. I can now perform the same functions that I was able to do in XP. I will reinstall VCD when they release a Vista compatible edition. Hope this helps others.

Yea, I'm using Daemon Tools for the very same reason. Haven't had any problems.

Back