• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible Solution for Intermittent Drive Freezing when Ripping from Certain 4K/UHD Blu-ray Discs

Big C

For those of you who remember when I decided to switch to MakeMKV because I was having trouble with ripping more 4KUHD Blu-ray discs as I bought them, I might have made a little progress. If I still have problems with certain discs, I'll delete this. But from what I can tell so far, if I set AnyDVDHD's drive speed settings to slow and quiet and uncheck agressive scanning for drives and force i/o, so far, my LG WH16NS40 doesn't get stuck as often when ripping more of my UHD Blu-ray discs via Windows Explorer. Yet since ripping DVDs and regular Blu-ray discs never gave me a problem, I'll check those boxes again and set drive speed to fast and noisy again to save ripping time.

Last edited:
uncheck agressive scanning for drives and force i/o
What settings are these? "Agressive I/O"? Never, ever, enable this setting. Right mouse-click for details. (Maybe useful, if you have DeUHD.sys or DVDFab drivers installed? But better remove these)
"Agressive scan for drives"? Disabled by default. Don't enable it, if not needed. Right mouse-click for details.

Lowering read speed OTOH may indeed have an effect.

Back