• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible CSS remove problem with v6.4.7.6

kzar

I have just updated to the new version of AnydvdHD and Clonedvd. I sometimes use a third party ripper. Note: The ripper doesn't remove any copy protections on it's own. That's why I use Anydvd with it. After updating, I tried my third party ripper and it says that I "can't backup this movie because it has CSS protection." I never got this message before I updated AnyDVD. The Movie did back up fine with Clonedvd. Has anyone else had any CSS problems?

I have just updated to the new version of AnydvdHD and Clonedvd. I sometimes use a third party ripper. Note: The ripper doesn't remove any copy protections on it's own. That's why I use Anydvd with it. After updating, I tried my third party ripper and it says that I "can't backup this movie because it has CSS protection." I never got this message before I updated AnyDVD. The Movie did back up fine with Clonedvd. Has anyone else had any CSS problems?

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199 and take a long hard look at step 3

Why I use third party

I can compress every title but the movie. The movie gets the most quality than the rest of the dvd. I wish Anydvd/clonedvd did this where you can keep all the titles low quality but make the main movie the more quality of every thing listed.

Post log files.

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

I can compress every title but the movie. The movie gets the most quality than the rest of the dvd. I wish Anydvd/clonedvd did this where you can keep all the titles low quality but make the main movie the more quality of every thing listed.

I'm not asking you why you use Third Party software; I'm telling you that you may need to use Anydvd ripper first (right click on the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk"). Then import that rip into your other program

Webie, Are you saying or not saying that AnyDVD removes all CSS protection?

Webie, Are you saying or not saying that AnyDVD removes all CSS protection?

Yes, AnyDVD removes all CSS protection. Some discs will require you to use the AnyDVD ripper before processing them with a third-party application. The reason for this is the structural protections on the disc and has nothing to do with CSS.

Please post log files from the disc you encountered this CSS problem with. I already posted the instructions.

Yeah That is indeed a nice feature....to be able to set compression on other things other then the movie Higher allowing more quality for the movie....though on a great number of DVD 9 Disc's The Movie takes up most of the space anyways not creating much more then a 3-7% quality increase..

and even when clone DVD Says 43% 0f the Quality Left I really see no difference at all....with a small exception to LCD screens but it's incredibly small. I'm Using a DLP 62" 1080P screen btw with a up conversion DVD Player
but even on a CRT 25" still no noticeable difference.

Starz

Back