• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Porting AnyDVD

Fred256

I wanted to rip a scratched DVD and use the BluRay ROM on my machine #2. AnyDvd was installed to machine #1.
I exited the program on #1, and installed it on #2, d-clicking the Key File. All was well and I ripped the disk. Then I exited and rebooted machine #1.

When I next reboot #2, AnyDVD will try and run again (I presume). Is this a problem as I understand you can't run 2 instances (at the same time). So I could just uninstall it... but its convenient to keep for any next time. The BluRay is Pioneer BDR 207D and it's great for ripping DVDs that are in bad shape (and nothing else will).

Is this possible? Any way to stop/start AnyDvd auto running? Will it break anything if it did start up ?

Redfox allow only one copy to be active of their program at any given time, however you may have on two computer provided both are yours and only is active at any given time. (Icon visible in system tray is considered active)
If you want to control start and stop yourself, you can do so by launching program, navigate to program setting and uncheck auto start option. Keep in mind every time a newer version is installed it will reset auto start entry.

Attachments

• Auto Start.PNG
    Auto Start.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 16
I wanted to rip a scratched DVD and use the BluRay ROM on my machine #2. AnyDvd was installed to machine #1.
I exited the program on #1, and installed it on #2, d-clicking the Key File. All was well and I ripped the disk. Then I exited and rebooted machine #1.

When I next reboot #2, AnyDVD will try and run again (I presume). Is this a problem as I understand you can't run 2 instances (at the same time). So I could just uninstall it... but its convenient to keep for any next time. The BluRay is Pioneer BDR 207D and it's great for ripping DVDs that are in bad shape (and nothing else will).

Is this possible? Any way to stop/start AnyDvd auto running? Will it break anything if it did start up ?
The AnyDVD application (the thing in the tray) actually only "does something" which requires it to connect to the OPD, if a disc is in a drive.
As long as you don't have discs in drives (this includes virtual drives) AnyDVD will run happily on two PCs at the same time with one license.

After Windows did an upgrade on my #2 the Redfox icon was back (thus on 2 machines without complaint). So I wondered *what* happens if disks were in both PCs? I tried audio then DVD and both worked fine without an issue. That is, I could copy files to the desktop. This is just fine by me as long as ok with Mr Redfox.
I could not find the Autostart option Hawk refers to.. only PC-Friendly (Autorun on Video DVD). Whatever that means? And who is "Al Scanner" I wonder.

> If two instances are detected running at the same time, you take the chance of having your key blacklisted.

The 2 computers are networked together via LAN, and sit side by side. I read somewhere here the license is tied to the owner, not the hardware.
The reason for #2 is to use it's burner when a disk errors in computer #1. You are permitted multiple burners, yes?
However if this breaches some agreement I'll stop and exit each AnyDVD before starting the other. But I'm asking here first in good faith. If this not the right place to ask, where could I ?
Obviously I don't want my key blacklisted but feel my situation should qualify as reasonable usage. Could someone in authority please advise a definite yeah or nay?

> If two instances are detected running at the same time, you take the chance of having your key blacklisted.

The 2 computers are networked together via LAN, and sit side by side. I read somewhere here the license is tied to the owner, not the hardware.
The reason for #2 is to use it's burner when a disk errors in computer #1. You are permitted multiple burners, yes?
Yes.
However if this breaches some agreement I'll stop and exit each AnyDVD before starting the other. But I'm asking here first in good faith. If this not the right place to ask, where could I ?
Obviously I don't want my key blacklisted but feel my situation should qualify as reasonable usage. Could someone in authority please advise a definite yeah or nay?
If you don't use AnyDVD on more than one machine at the same time (e.g. watching a disc on two computers while AnyDVD is running, ripping on two machines, ...) you're fine.

Brilliant, thank you. That's sorted it nicely.

And from the EULA:

This EULA grants you the following rights:
  • Systems Software - . You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single computer or if you licensed it for multiple computers on as many computers as you legally obtained a license for, including a workstation, terminal or other digital electronic device ('COMPUTER').
  • Storage/Network Use - You may also store or install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to install or run the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your other COMPUTERS over an internal network; however, you must acquire and dedicate a license for each separate COMPUTER on or from which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed, used, accessed, displayed or run. A license for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may only be shared or used concurrently on as many different COMPUTERS as the license is valid for.

So back somewhat to confusion! There's no "server" as such. They're just 2 home computers setup for sharing files and folders. The EULA may be intended for larger, commercial networks?
I like the idea of just not using them 'together' as James describes. Although what if CDROMs are active in both computers, but not necessarily using AnyDVD?
For example when AnyDVD polls a drive as a new disk is put in, is that considered "used"?

So back somewhat to confusion! There's no "server" as such. They're just 2 home computers setup for sharing files and folders. The EULA may be intended for larger, commercial networks?
I like the idea of just not using them 'together' as James describes. Although what if CDROMs are active in both computers, but not necessarily using AnyDVD?
For example when AnyDVD polls a drive as a new disk is put in, is that considered "used"?
I believe James answered that in post #7:
If you don't use AnyDVD on more than one machine at the same time (e.g. watching a disc on two computers while AnyDVD is running, ripping on two machines, ...)

A lot of us have multiple licenses, you can too, especially if you use it frequently. It is worth it, and so is the developers time and expertise.

I feel *have* contributed to the "developers time and expertise" by buying a license (twice, but I understand all that and don't want to go there).
But listen, I have a BluRay DVDROM in 2nd machine. Sometimes it's needed as I find the Bluray drive will often read a disk a DVD ROM in #1 won't (e.g. if it's scratched badly).
So I don't want to use ANyDVD on another machine so much as another drive. This IMHO isn't what multiple licenses are for. I could for example move the BD drive to Machine 1
but there's no room.
I tried turning off Autostart as Hawk suggested, but then had issues turning it back on. I pinned it to the Start Bar and can right-click - Run As Admin but nothing
appears in the tray. It does show in Task Manager. But without being in the Tray I don't see how to stop it; assuming it is running, which I doubt as there's no notification when a disk is put in. I'm using Win 10.

I feel *have* contributed to the "developers time and expertise" by buying a license (twice, but I understand all that and don't want to go there).
But listen, I have a BluRay DVDROM in 2nd machine. Sometimes it's needed as I find the Bluray drive will often read a disk a DVD ROM in #1 won't (e.g. if it's scratched badly).
So I don't want to use ANyDVD on another machine so much as another drive. This IMHO isn't what multiple licenses are for. I could for example move the BD drive to Machine 1
but there's no room.
I tried turning off Autostart as Hawk suggested, but then had issues turning it back on. I pinned it to the Start Bar and can right-click - Run As Admin but nothing
appears in the tray. It does show in Task Manager. But without being in the Tray I don't see how to stop it; assuming it is running, which I doubt as there's no notification when a disk is put in. I'm using Win 10.
Again, if I want to be anal and go by the EULA: No, you aren't allowed to do this.
Back to human mode, yes, you can keep it running on two machines, but please don't actively use it at the same time (playback, scanning, ripping).

Back