• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Plextor PX-LB950SA

Google and read about the Pioneer 206 before you pull the trigger. I can't remember where I read it but they were recommending to stay away from Pioneer 206D. I don't know which region they sell the D model of the 206. I am looking to buy another 205 but the price seems to be around $140 where as the 206 averages around $116. Let me know if you find a 205 at a good price i.e. ~$110 range.
206D is for EU... the firmware are different and not recommanded. I'm from France. I'll find a 205 or 206BK.
I'll keep informed about the place and price.

Thank you again

Plextor BD LB950SA

hi the plextor drive in question is a supeb faultles drive and i did much research before i bought mine a couple of monts ago and have no complaints wotsoever i have no qualms about reccomending this excelent drive!!!

hi the plextor drive in question is a supeb faultles drive and i did much research before i bought mine a couple of monts ago and have no complaints wotsoever i have no qualms about reccomending this excelent drive!!!
Thank you snowey, I'm not yet make my mine...

I would have to agree about LG

Gigi75,

I have 4 LG blu-ray burners and all 4 are still working fine after a year of continued use.

To update the firmware on the LG drives you have to locate and install the LG-ODD Auto Firmware Update program if you purchase a OEM drive. If you buy a retail drive the program in on the disc that ships with the drive. Otherwise, you can't find any firmware updates for the drives. Other than that one quirk I have nothing bad to say about the performance of the drives.

I would feel just as secure recommending LiteOn drives too. Plextor drives used to be the best burner out there and was well worth the extra money. Now they re-bandage other manufacturers drives and are way over priced.

vbritt

Gigi75,

I have 4 LG blu-ray burners and all 4 are still working fine after a year of continued use.

To update the firmware on the LG drives you have to locate and install the LG-ODD Auto Firmware Update program if you purchase a OEM drive. If you buy a retail drive the program in on the disc that ships with the drive. Otherwise, you can't find any firmware updates for the drives. Other than that one quirk I have nothing bad to say about the performance of the drives.

I would feel just as secure recommending LiteOn drives too. Plextor drives used to be the best burner out there and was well worth the extra money. Now they re-bandage other manufacturers drives and are way over priced.

vbritt

Dear vbritt,

Thank you very much for these informations.
Best regards,

Guillaume

Back