1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

Plextor 760A

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by Rico, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Rico

Rico Active Member

Hi Guys,

When your backing up a movie with this drive. Do you remove 'riplock?'
    If so what procedure do you use?

Also on AnyDVD drive > 'enable speed read', is this supposed to work on the Plextor?

Thanks
    Rico

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I don't rip with mine (despite the fact it's a very good reader/ripper). However, holding down the eject button for 3 seconds until the light on the drive blinks will work. Apparently, the other method (Plextools) won't if Anydvd is running.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  3. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

For my PX-760A using Plextools Pro LE I've changed the booktype for DVD+R and DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM and that seems to stick but enabling SpeedRead doesn't appear to stick. It stays checked but Regardless of having PlexTools running or not I still have to use the 3 second eject method.

The time difference is pretty large with or w/o SpeedRead. I rip a DVD-5 disc in about 5-7 min. A DVD-9 in about 16-18 min. Some take less time and others take more. Without SpeedRead a DVD-9 would take at least 45 minutes.

4. Rico

Rico Active Member

Messrs. Webslinger, DrinkLyeAndDie,

Thanks for your posts!!!

I use the old 3 second trick & find the following:

sometimes the tray pushes fairly hard, while holding the button, & other times it does not. Strange

I can get 'rips after the 3 second thing, ranging from 30 min. to 6 min.. Always a crapshoot for length of time.

Also I believe (I could be wrong) but when the tray opens riplock is on & you must press the button again. Or one rip per 3 second button push.

What does this do or what advantage?

Take Care
    Rico

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Changing the booktype to dvd-rom helps playback compatibility in standalone dvd players.