• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"PlexDisk" Media

Crower

Since I started using AnyDVD HD to backup my BDs, I've been using Panasonic and Verbatim 50GB disks which worked great - no coasters in 20 disks. I saw Plexdisks on Amazon which come in at about $2US/disk and thought I'd give them a try since one of the Amazon reviewers stated that they were listing as Verbatim on his burner.

I got a pack of 25 when I tried to burn my ISO, Imgburn reported that these disks were only 25GB in size (50GB was printed right on the package) and didn't show the manufacture (other than a numerical code). I've heard about issues with certain drives (mine is a Panasonic UJ-265), and that may be the cause, but in any case, I'm going back to Verbatims. They're now available on ebay for about $2.20US/disk so that's not a big issue for me. The supplier I got them from (Japan) sells them repackaged - in soft slip covers and not in the original disk pack, but the last batch (before I tried the Plexdisks) seemed fine and worked good, so will go that route again.

Amazon provided a refund on the returned Plexdisks so no pains.

It looks like 50GB media is beginning to drop in price and is more available than it once was - hope that trend continues.

UPDATE: Since this happened, I noticed that several Amazon reviews have started reporting the same problem (25GB disks instead of promised 50GB DL). Went back to my eBay Japan supplier and got 20 "good" disks for $47.80 ($2.39US/disk) which is worth the slight markup (over "PlexDisks") as I have yet to see a coaster from that source.8)

Last edited:
Back