• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Plex tv show organization.

agh, OK, so I get the same file name, but I cannot see the endings. That might be just how my Mac is setup, but now at least I understand what it is.

it seems as though it only doubles up on the sub tags when they are already in the correct format. but if anything in the sub tags is altered it works out fine. If things are not correct already, the subs version is good at cleaning it up. otherwise the non subs version will give the correct format without doubling up on the sub tags, but only if they are already in the correct format. Well I ended up making a second version just for those subtitle tags and one without so depending on how it behaved I could switch to the other if I needed to. I also added tags for like [extended, unrated] versions.in the future I may figure out how to add audio bitrate as well. So in the spirit of sharing this is what I currently am using, JCH.H's format with some modifications:
jch.h format Movies plex:
P:/Movies/
{n=~/^\d/?'0-9':n.replaceFirst(/(?i)(The |A |An |)(.).*/,/$2/)}/{n}/{n} {tags} ({y})
{fn.match(/\[prime\]/)?" [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/)?" [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/)?" [Netflix]":""}{fn.match(/\[paramount\]/)?" [Paramount]":""}{fn.match(/\[hbomax\]/)?" [HBOmax]":""}{fn.match(/\[hulu\]/)?" [Hulu]":""}
{hd.matches(/SD/)?" [SD]":""}{vf.matches(/720p/)?" [HD]":""}{vf.matches(/1080p/)?" [FHD]":""}{vf.matches(/2160p/)?" [UHD]":""}
{resolution.matches(/1280x720|720x576|1920x1080|3840x2160/)?"":" [$resolution]"}
{" [$af$ac"}{"-$abr"}]
{subt}

jch.h format movies plex subs: (for cleaning up old mis-formated movie subs)
P:/Movies/
{n=~/^\d/?'0-9':n.replaceFirst(/(?i)(The |A |An |)(.).*/,/$2/)}/{n}/{n} {tags} ({y})
{fn.match(/\[prime\]/)?" [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/)?" [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/)?" [Netflix]":""}{fn.match(/\[paramount\]/)?" [Paramount]":""}{fn.match(/\[hbomax\]/)?" [HBOmax]":""}{fn.match(/\[hulu\]/)?" [Hulu]":""}
{hd.matches(/SD/)?" [SD]":""}{vf.matches(/720p/)?" [HD]":""}{vf.matches(/1080p/)?" [FHD]":""}{vf.matches(/2160p/)?" [UHD]":""}
{resolution.matches(/1280x720|720x576|1920x1080|3840x2160/)?"":" [$resolution]"}
{" [$af$ac"}{"-$abr"}]
{subt}{fn.match(/.descriptive/)?".sdh":""}{fn.match(/.dscrpt/)?".sdh":""}{fn.match(/.forced/)?".forced":""}{fn.match(/.cc/)?".cc":""}{fn.match(/.sdh/)?".sdh":""}

jch.h format tv plex:
P:/TV Shows/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{ny} - {s00e00}
-{fn.match(/\[prime\]/)?" [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/)?" [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/)?" [Netflix]":""}{fn.match(/\[paramount\]/)?" [Paramount]":""}{fn.match(/\[hbomax\]/)?" [HBOmax]":""}{fn.match(/\[hulu\]/)?" [Hulu]":""}
{" [$af$ac"}{"-$abr"}]
{" - $t"}{" $tags"}
{subt}

jch.h format tv plex subs: (for cleaning up old mis-formated tv show subs)
P:/TV Shows/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{ny} - {s00e00}
-{fn.match(/\[prime\]/)?" [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/)?" [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/)?" [Netflix]":""}{fn.match(/\[paramount\]/)?" [Paramount]":""}{fn.match(/\[hbomax\]/)?" [HBOmax]":""}{fn.match(/\[hulu\]/)?" [Hulu]":""}
{" [$af$ac"}{"-$abr"}]
{" - $t"}{" $tags"}
{subt}{fn.match(/.descriptive/)?".sdh":""}{fn.match(/.dscrpt/)?".sdh":""}{fn.match(/.forced/)?".forced":""}{fn.match(/.cc/)?".cc":""}{fn.match(/.sdh/)?".sdh":""}

edit: added audio bitrate
edit 2: fixed pixel count for 4K

Last edited:
not sure if it matters, but... Shouldn't it say "3840x2160" for 2160p ?

Thank you for pointing this out. I just did a quick google search for the pixel count of 4K. Apparently there are a few different standards for 4K ....4096 is the standard for projection movies while 3840 is for TVs

Oh some time back. Maybe a year or 2 ago.

Nope. I've been using Plex since 2014 and I've never organized seasons into subfolders. Also, I use 1x01 file name standard and it also works fine. I also use FileBot which uses the same databases for TV and movies, so it makes mass file renaming pretty much instant.

Nope. I've been using Plex since 2014 and I've never organized seasons into subfolders. Also, I use 1x01 file name standard and it also works fine. I also use FileBot which uses the same databases for TV and movies, so it makes mass file renaming pretty much instant.

Yes, per their own documentation it was needed for compatibility to give the scanner the best chance of figuring out what is what. Would it work without it? Under the right circumstances with naming files exactly (which most of us do at this point) I guess. They still suggest it actually but I remember reading the release notes awhile back when they said it was no longer needed.

I think over the years Plex has changed along with how people used it. Well then there is that push of theirs for that "free" content stuff. yuk.

Back