• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Plex tv show organization.

But for those who are using any stream for TV series, how are you naming the files so Plex automatically organizes the show into proper season / episode?

I use FileBot and you're welcome to use my formatting (you will have to change the initial file path to suit your situation:
TV:
/Volumes/media/TV Shows/{ny}/Season {(episode.season ? s : 00).pad(2)}/{ny} - {s00e00}
- {fn.match(/\[prime\]/) ? " [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/) ? " [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/) ? " [Netflix]":""}
{hd.matches(/SD/) ? " [SD]":""}{vf.matches(/720p/) ? " [HD]":""}{vf.matches(/1080p/) ? " [FHD]":""}
{resolution.matches(/1280x720|720x576|1920x1080/) ? "":" [$resolution]"}
{" [$af$ac]"}
{" - $t"}​
Film:
/Volumes/media/film/
{n =~ /^\d/ ? '0-9' : n.replaceFirst(/(?i)(The |A |An |)(.).*/, /$2/)}/{ny}
{fn.match(/\[prime\]/) ? " [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/) ? " [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/) ? " [Netflix]":""}
{hd.matches(/SD/) ? " [SD]":""}{vf.matches(/720p/) ? " [HD]":""}{vf.matches(/1080p/) ? " [FHD]":""}
{" [$af$ac]"}​

Note:
  • this is predicated on saving AS files as follows:
TV: [%p] %n - s%se%e - %t
Film: [%p] %t​
  • This does save TV into season folders which @DQ has just mentioned is no longer necessary.
  • It places film into folders [0,a-z] and ignoring any definite/indefinite articles so, "The xxx", would be filed under "/x/The xxx" I find makes it easier for me to find things whilst still working for Plex.

Just so I am not confusing anyone. The season folders are no longer required but you can use them if you want. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't and both work perfectly fine.

Just so I am not confusing anyone. The season folders are no longer required but you can use them if you want. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't and both work perfectly fine.

Correct. I like to use them just for organization of my file. But Plex does not require it.

I use FileBot and you're welcome to use my formatting (you will have to change the initial file path to suit your situation:
TV:
/Volumes/media/TV Shows/{ny}/Season {(episode.season ? s : 00).pad(2)}/{ny} - {s00e00}
- {fn.match(/\[prime\]/) ? " [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/) ? " [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/) ? " [Netflix]":""}
{" [$af$ac]"}
{" - $t"}​
Film:
/Volumes/media/film/
{n =~ /^\d/ ? '0-9' : n.replaceFirst(/(?i)(The |A |An |)(.).*/, /$2/)}/{ny}
{fn.match(/\[prime\]/) ? " [Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/) ? " [Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/) ? " [Netflix]":""}
{" [$af$ac]"}​

Note:
  • this is predicated on saving AS files as follows:
TV: [%p] %n - s%se%e - %t
Film: [%p] %t​
  • This does save TV into season folders which @DQ has just mentioned is no longer necessary.
  • It places film into folders [0,a-z] and ignoring any definite/indefinite articles so, "The xxx", would be filed under "/x/The xxx" I find makes it easier for me to find things whilst still working for Plex.
this is great!! I really like this better than my own, thank you...I had to tweak it a little for the subs and I added the other providers to your format, also added a directory for each title as well as 4k UHD tags and resolutions....I wish I had this 203 series and 1552 movies ago...I built new presets from your format and they are named after you :) now to run my entire library through it lol

Last edited:
So glad you found it helpful!! (y)

It did take me a while to settle on this version so not all my TV/movies are formatted this way either!

So glad you found it helpful!! (y)

It did take me a while to settle on this version so not all my TV/movies are formatted this way either!
I'm curious as to why you added the space in front of the providers.
I'm currently trying to get it to add the .forced , .cc, or .sdh at the end of the subs....but sometimes for some unknown reason it will double up on the tag while others it seems to work just fine. perhaps you or someone else can tell me what I'm doing wrong or why its behaving this way. I add this line under your last line:

{subt}{fn.match(/.forced/)?".forced":""}{fn.match(/.cc/)?".cc":""}{fn.match(/.sdh/)?".sdh":""}

It gets the sub language correct, and sometimes it gets the type of sub correct but others end up looking like ".forced.forced" etc.

I'm curious as to why you added the space in front of the providers.

I haven't knowingly done that (I don't have a space in front of mine). It may be a copy/paste error. Can you show me where you can see it (is it isn FileBot or AS)?

I'm currently trying to get it to add the .forced

To trouble* shoot; take one of the files where it comes out twice, remove the fn.match for .forced and see if it still happens.

[edit: typo*]

Last edited:
I haven't knowingly done that (I don't have a space in front of mine). It may be a copy/paste error. Can you show me where you can see it (is it isn FileBot or AS)?

You can see it here in the forum on this line for FileBot I just copied from your earlier post:

There is a space right after the " and just before the [ for the output of each providers name, it is the same for both tv and movies.

To trouble* shoot; take one of the files where it comes out twice, remove the fn.match for .forced and see if it still happens.

[edit: typo*]

I have ran it without the fn.match commands and they come out with a single .forced, but then I'm back to all the others simply not getting the .forced tag at all, forcing me to manually enter it.

There is a space right after the " and just before the [

yes, that's so there is a space between [<provider>] and what proceeds it.
So for example, I get:
Bosch (2014) - S01E01 - [Amazon] [HD] - Tis the Season.mp4​
and not...
Bosch (2014) - S01E01 -[Amazon] [HD] - Tis the Season.mp4
.....^​
or
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) [Disney] [HD] [6ch EAC3].mp4​
not
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)[Disney] [HD] [6ch EAC3].mp4
...^​

I have ran it without the fn.match commands and they come out with a single .forced, but then I'm back to all the others simply not getting the .forced tag at all, forcing me to manually enter it.

Can you give me an example so I can try it? ...sounds like something else is also creating the .forced for these files.

yes, that's so there is a space between [<provider>] and what proceeds it.
So for example, I get:
Bosch (2014) - S01E01 - [Amazon] [HD] - Tis the Season.mp4​
and not...
Bosch (2014) - S01E01 -[Amazon] [HD] - Tis the Season.mp4
.....^​
or
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) [Disney] [HD] [6ch EAC3].mp4​
not
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)[Disney] [HD] [6ch EAC3].mp4
...^​

Ahh, I see, that makes sense. I didn't have the providers in my format previously, so I couldn't see this with what I'm working with, as I go through my existing library.

Can you give me an example so I can try it? ...sounds like something else is also creating the .forced for these files.

An almost perfect title to use as an example is Free Guy from HM, it comes with .cc, .forced, .sdh, and standard subs (however the .sdh one isn't labeled as such straight from HM, you have to manually add it to the file name before running it through FB). here is the format im using without the provider space fix put back in:

P:/Movies/
{n=~/^\d/?'0-9':n.replaceFirst(/(?i)(The |A |An |)(.).*/,/$2/)}/{n}/{ny}
{fn.match(/\[prime\]/)?"[Amazon]":""}{fn.match(/\[disney\]/)?"[Disney]":""}{fn.match(/\[netflix\]/)?"[Netflix]":""}{fn.match(/\[paramount\]/)?"[Paramount]":""}{fn.match(/\[hbomax\]/)?"[HBOmax]":""}{fn.match(/\[hulu\]/)?"[Hulu]":""}
{hd.matches(/SD/)?" [SD]":""}{vf.matches(/720p/)?" [HD]":""}{vf.matches(/1080p/)?" [FHD]":""}{vf.matches(/2160p/)?" [UHD]":""}
{resolution.matches(/1280x720|720x576|1920x1080|4096x2160/)?"":" [$resolution]"}
{" [$af$ac]"}
{subt}{fn.match(/.descriptive/)?".sdh":""}{fn.match(/.dscrpt/)?".sdh":""}{fn.match(/.forced/)?".forced":""}{fn.match(/.cc/)?".cc":""}{fn.match(/.sdh/)?".sdh":""}

edit for explanation: i have the extra commands for .sdh because i had used a few different tags in the past for them and this should get them back on track. I have also tried to simply use "{fn.match(/.forced/)}" but it also doubles up on them.

Last edited:
OK, will take a look at this using Free Guy later today!

OK, will take a look at this using Free Guy later today!
Much appreciated, I need to get some shut eye myself, the sun will be rising soon and I'm going cross eyed looking at this code lol.

Free Guy from HM

Is HM HBO Max? ...sorry, but I am in the UK and can't/don't subscribe to it here.

I downloaded 'Free Guy" from Disney, but it won't be the same in terms of subtitles so not a lot I can do - sorry.

Is HM HBO Max? ...sorry, but I am in the UK and can't/don't subscribe to it here.

I downloaded 'Free Guy" from Disney, but it won't be the same in terms of subtitles so not a lot I can do - sorry.
well looking at disney it still has 3 different subs with it and you really only need one since the same pattern should be able to be used for all...im getting it from there now to see what is what

yes it looks like standard, forced and cc and they too double up when run through the above format

Last edited:
Strange, FileBot doesn't show anything for me at all with that format and I do have all 3 (English) subs, hence my comment above. I'll take another look.

upload_2022-5-31_12-1-16.png
this is what I see when i set it to run through the sub format

edit: I already ran the forced through the format so it no longer appears as it does straight from disney but it still behaves the same.

Back