• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please post all problematic discs/devices not handled correctly with v1.6.2.0 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peer

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
In order to tidy up a little, I'd like to ask all of you still experiencing problems with CloneDVD mobile 1.6.1.3 to post here. No discussions in this thread, just condensed error reports, so Fernando can work himself through the queue.

Even if you've posted elsewhere already, I'd be happy if you'd place another single post here - because the information is scattered all around the place and hard to find at the moment.

That way I hope we can once and for all times fix the remaining bugs.

Try to adhere to this scheme:

• problematic disc (precise information including country of origin, special releases "directors cut", ...)
  • device converting to (generation, FW version)
  • experienced problem
  • error message(s)/reports if available

I apologize to all who have had continuing problems the last months, we'll put all our efforts into fixing this now.

--
Webslinger's Edit

A. This is how you post log files for Anydvd. The process is similar from "step h" onward for posting a logfiles in general here (for Clonedvd Mobile).

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B. I advise everyone posting here to click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199. Do all the presteps. And also do Regular Steps 1, 2, and 3 before using Clonedvd Mobile (step 3 may be needed with dvds containing structural protection when using Clonedvd Mobile. That is, right-click on the fox icon on your system tray, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. Then use Clonedvd Mobile on that rip.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Problematic Disc (precise information including country of origin, special releases "directors cut", ...)
Angels & Demons (Single-Disc Theatrical Edition) (2009) [USA Region 1]
ASIN: B002O5M4TE

Device Converting To (generation, FW version)
Profile: Creative Labs -> ZEN Vision:W (3 passes, max quality on the slider, english audio and subtitles selected)
Device firmware: Creative ZEN Vision W PlaysForSure Firmware 1.10.01

Experienced Problem
Encode fails - FFmpeg throws an error.

Error Message(s)/Reports If Available
Attached.

I'll say this now - I get the same issue converting any DVD I own (a mix of both Region 1 and Region 2 DVD's). All have been ripped with anyDVD + cloneDVD2. I only used Angels and Demons as an example because it's still on my harddrive. My experience leads me to believe that this is not a disc related issue. The ZEN Vision:W profile has been broken since I moved to the 1.6.x releases.

I hope my log file helps the developers find the root of the issue.

Attachments

• angels and demons.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
1613 gives pipe error

I've been getting the Pipe: format unknown error since I purchased CloneDVDMobile months ago. Doesn't matter what dvd. In this case it is not a copy protected dvd but rather a simple music instruction piece. I want to put this onto a creative ZEN eventually but I select the first option of Generic Divx. The error log shows

DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 1 -f avi -vtag DIVX -fflags +noodml -metadata title="UKE_BROZMAN_C01" -r 30000/1001 -vcodec mpeg4 -vb 517000 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 320x240 -aspect 4:3 -deinterlace -y "F:\CloneDVDMobile Conversion\output_C01.avi"'.
SKIPPING video sector, looking for NAV
>>> ParsePES, #1268 : unexpected stream type A0
Reason: __fail( )
FFmpeg version from svn, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

NOTICE: This app contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

This file was digitally signed by SlySoft Inc.

FFmpeg maintainers receive SlySoft products free of charge. If you're
interested then please contact us at support@slysoft.com

pipe:: Unknown formatl

Enemy of the State

Peer,

Attached are my logs when I try to rip Enemy of the State. I have included both the AnyDVD log 6.6.0.3 and CloneDVDMobile 1.6.1.3 logs.

Also, please see below for the output of my process:

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=10 -of lavf -lavfopts format=ipod -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac:vbitrate=759:abitrate=128:threads=2 -vf pp=fd,scale=480:270,harddup -aspect 1.777778 -info name="Enemy of the State " -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\jbartruff\Desktop\Enemy of the State.m4v" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 2 -f ipod -metadata title="Enemy of the State " -r 30000/1001 -vcodec libx264 -vb 759000 -vglobal 1 -coder ac -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 480x270 -aspect 16:9 -deinterlace -level 0 -bf 0 -refs 5 -encoder_cfg level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1 -vol 810 -y "C:\Documents and Settings\jbartruff\Desktop\Enemy of the State.m4v"'.
> Duration: 3003, Jitter: 1, Delta: 1, DeltaDTS: -51051, DeltaPTS: 0
> Duration: 3003, Jitter: 1, Delta: 1, DeltaDTS: -51051, DeltaPTS: 0
----- NEW SEGMENT -----
Segment Start: 1, Video:22254 Audio:25257 => 3003
> Audio ++ :: - 2880 = 22377 (123)
> Synchronized :: 22254 / 22377 => 123 = 1 ms
Segment 1 > Video 0 > 0 / 22254 -> 25257 / 22254
Segment 1 > Audio 0 > 0 / 22377 -> 25257 / 22377
Segment 1 > Video 1 > 3003 / 25257 -> 28260 / 22254
Segment 1 > Video 2 > 6006 / 28260 -> 31263 / 22254
Segment 1 > Video 3 > 9009 / 31263 -> 34266 / 22254
Segment 1 > Video 4 > 12012 / 34266 -> 37269 / 22254
> Video is looking fine and synchronous, suppressing output
Segment 1 > Video 17 > 51051 / 22254 -> 25257 / -28797
Segment 1 > Video 18 > 54054 / 25257 -> 28260 / -28797
Segment 1 > Video 19 > 57057 / 28260 -> 31263 / -28797
Segment 1 > Video 20 > 60060 / 31263 -> 34266 / -28797
Segment 1 > Video 21 > 63063 / 34266 -> 37269 / -28797
Segment 1 > Video 34 > 102102 / 22254 -> 25257 / -79848
Segment 1 > Video 35 > 105105 / 25257 -> 28260 / -79848
Segment 1 > Video 36 > 108108 / 28260 -> 31263 / -79848
Segment 1 > Video 37 > 111111 / 31263 -> 34266 / -79848
Segment 1 > Video 38 > 114114 / 34266 -> 37269 / -79848
Segment 1 > Audio 1 > 2880 / 28137 -> 31017 / 25257
Segment 1 > Audio 2 > 5760 / 31017 -> 33897 / 25257
Reason: __ensure( *(ushort *) Data == 0x770B )

pipe:: Unknown format

This is was a region 1 commercial DVD. I was trying to convert to the iphone profile. From what I am noticing, this doesn't seem specific to any 1 dvd, but rather overall functionality of the program.

Attachments

• EnemyoftheStateCloneDVDMobilelog.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_6.6.0.3_Info_D_ENEMY_OF_THE_STATE.zip
    120.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
ffmpeg.exe has stopped working error

AnyDVD 6.5.8.7
Clone DVD mobile 1.6.1.3 and 1.6.1.0
Windows 7
Disk Bones Season 3 Disk 1

Failed with this error from DVD so ripped successfully to disk with AnyDVD
Same error at start of process. All settings as standard for Generic Mpeg2 passthrough. (Just want to split by episode to hard drive)
Enclosed errorlog.

Note the Warning about reported size 720 x 480 (1.5) and encoded at 1.78,
is this significant?

Attachments

• ffmpegerror.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 6
Error creating from Hard Drive copy

I copy my DVDs to my computer and then make dvd copies from there or iPhone vids. When I try and make iPhone vids I get the attached error.

Attachments

• dvdmobileerror.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 11
Still cannot transfer to iPhone

Problematic disc UK version of Training Day
device converting to Iphone 3g using iphone AVC profile
Iphone OS version 3.1.2
experienced problem Itunes 9.0.2.25 will not transfer the movie produced
error message(s)/reports if available - Not transferred because iPhone cannot play this file.

ffmpeg.exe stopped working error

Further to my previous:
Error is for all disks with different TV shows, with target Mpeg2 passthrough.
Same warning.
If I make generic Divx 720 x 480 target, conversion seems to be progressing OK.

Stamos

AnyDVD 6.5.8.7
Clone DVD mobile 1.6.1.3 and 1.6.1.0
Windows 7
Disk Bones Season 3 Disk 1

Failed with this error from DVD so ripped successfully to disk with AnyDVD
Same error at start of process. All settings as standard for Generic Mpeg2 passthrough. (Just want to split by episode to hard drive)
Enclosed errorlog.

Note the Warning about reported size 720 x 480 (1.5) and encoded at 1.78,
is this significant?

Modified profile Allows transfer of movies to iPhone

I was having issues with converted movies not transferring to the iphone 3G. Having browsed the internet, I have found a couple of mencoder params that seem to be essential for iphone movies. Try the profile below. It successfully allows movies to be transferred which were not transferring before the profile was tweaked. can the developers check this out and perhaps add this to the next beta. I am no expert but I understand the "nocabac" parameter turns CABAC (context based adaptive arithmatic coding) off in the video stream, as this is an x264 feature that is not supported on the iPhone. The "idc_level=30" parameter tells MEncoder that we only want x264 options up to level 3.0, the top complexity limit stated in the iPod technical specs

What was changed:
changed lavfopts=format=mp4 (from lavfopts=format=ipod)
added nocabac|level_idc=30 into the x264params

Here is an updated iPhone AVC profile which can be pasted into the Devices.ini file. It will appear as "iPhone AVC nocabac level30" in the devices list.

Code:
[iPhone AVC nocabac level30]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1

Last edited:
Also the latest Handbrake relase has added the parameter weightb=0:weightp=0

due to some change within the apple tv specs.. if anyone is encoding for that....

I was having issues with converted movies not transferring to the iphone 3G. Having browsed the internet, I have found a couple of mencoder params that seem to be essential for iphone movies. Try the profile below. It successfully allows movies to be transferred which were not transferring before the profile was tweaked. can the developers check this out and perhaps add this to the next beta. I am no expert but I understand the "nocabac" parameter turns CABAC (context based adaptive arithmatic coding) off in the video stream, as this is an x264 feature that is not supported on the iPhone. The "idc_level=30" parameter tells MEncoder that we only want x264 options up to level 3.0, the top complexity limit stated in the iPod technical specs

What was changed:
changed lavfopts=format=mp4 (from lavfopts=format=ipod)
added nocabac|level_idc=30 into the x264params

Update the iphone AVC profile in Devices.ini to (cutting and pasting this does not seem to work so you might want to try editing the Devices.ini with Notepad or something similar to make it the same as the text below, after taking a copy first).

[iPhone AVC]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1
The nocabac option is documented in the sticky on format extensions.

Your profile suggestion needs to be put in code tags to remove spaces caused by cut and paste of the forum display which will cause it to crash CDM. You can then use cut and paste without problems from the code tagged text (see below).
Code:
[iPhone AVC]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8 x8|filter=-1,-1

The nocabac option is documented in the sticky on format extensions.

Thanks Profcoli. I can see that now. Some of those posts containing this setting are from quite some time ago. If the nocabac and the complexity level setting option is known to be necessary for the iPhone/ipod profile then it would be really nice if that could be incorporated into the profile setting for the iPhone AVC that is shipped as standard with 1.6 versions. The standard profile does not work for me and it would appear to be not working for other iPhone users who have upgraded to 1.6. 1.2 was not an option for me because of consistent sound sync problems.

I'll go back and edit my posts to sort out the code Tags.

Last edited:
Problematic disc UK version of Training Day
device converting to Iphone 3g using iphone AVC profile
Iphone OS version 3.1.2
experienced problem Itunes 9.0.2.25 will not transfer the movie produced
error message(s)/reports if available - Not transferred because iPhone cannot play this file.

I had the same problem with the iPod Touch. The extention of the movie has to end with a .MP4, change the device.ini file and it should work.:)

I had the same problem with the iPod Touch. The extention of the movie has to end with a .MP4, change the device.ini file and it should work.:)

Changing the file extension did not work for me. This might have worked in Version 1.2 of CloneDVD but it did not in version 1.6. The actual content of the the file produced by version 1.6 seemed to be objected to by Itunes/iPhone. iTunes is converting m4v files successfully now with version 1.6. What version of CloneDVDMobile were you using?

Last edited:
Changing the file extension did not work for me. This might have worked in Version 1.2 of CloneDVD but it did not in version 1.6. The actual content of the the file produced by version 1.6 seemed to be objected to by Itunes/iPhone. iTunes is converting m4v files successfully now with version 1.6. What version of CloneDVDMobile were you using?

CloneDVD mobile 1.6.1.3
iTunes 9.0.2.25
AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.7

CloneDVD Mobile will take 168 minuets to convert 90 minuet movie, and the movie will be about 1.2 Gb. When I go to iTunes to put it on my iPod Touch, I keep getting the following message:

MovieName.m4v was not copied to the iPod "Administrator's iPod" because it cannot be played on this iPod.

I have the latest software on the iPod. Stange enough, I use all the defaults for CloneDVD Mobile.

If I use DVDneXt Copy 3, the conversion goes fine and I'm able to copy the movie to my iPod with no problem.

I paid good money for CloneDVD Mobile, the conversion takes real long and I'm unable to copy the movie to the iPod Touch! THe same movie take DVDneXt copy 3 approximately 60 - 70 minuets to convert to the iPod Touch. Can anyone please help. Can I send someone the converted movie to see what happened.
Thank You.
:bang::confused:

CloneDVD mobile 1.6.1.3
iTunes 9.0.2.25
AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.7

CloneDVD Mobile will take 168 minuets to convert 90 minuet movie, and the movie will be about 1.2 Gb. When I go to iTunes to put it on my iPod Touch, I keep getting the following message:

MovieName.m4v was not copied to the iPod "Administrator's iPod" because it cannot be played on this iPod.

I have the latest software on the iPod. Stange enough, I use all the defaults for CloneDVD Mobile.

If I use DVDneXt Copy 3, the conversion goes fine and I'm able to copy the movie to my iPod with no problem.

I paid good money for CloneDVD Mobile, the conversion takes real long and I'm unable to copy the movie to the iPod Touch! THe same movie take DVDneXt copy 3 approximately 60 - 70 minuets to convert to the iPod Touch. Can anyone please help. Can I send someone the converted movie to see what happened.
Thank You.
:bang::confused:

The movie file content being produced by the ipod touch profile, supplied with the beta version, does not appear to be compatible with the ipod touch. Either iTunes or the iPhone/iPod Touch device is checking the file characterics and refusing the transfer simply because the device cannot read the content. I believe the file extension is not relevant, if the file content was correct, both file extensions would be transferred by itunes to the device. You need to change the profile used to produce the file. See the following post to guide you how to do this. Note that it will add a new profile for the iPhone with a new name as described in the post. The poster Profcoli has verified that the revised profile resolves the issue for him when using the iPod Touch.

I don't have any problems with the file sizes. Times do appear to be longer when 1.2 and 1.6 versiions are compared but have noted they are reducing with each beta version.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=234265&postcount=15

Last edited:
Have you tried the .mp4 for the IPOD Touch, I use .mp4 for regular Ipod and it works great.;)

Skinner R:1

Skinner
Original DVD release R:1 Standard version (not the uncut version)
Standard DivX
Main Movie

Code:
File 2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -ffourcc DIVX -af volume=0 -of avi -noodml -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1620:abitrate=128:threads=4 -lameopts cbr:br=128 -vf pp=fd,scale=720:480,harddup -aspect 1.333333 -info name="VIDEO_DVD" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Skinner.avi" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:480[1.50] but encoded as 1.333333:1[1.33].
DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 4 -f avi -vtag DIVX -fflags +noodml -metadata title="VIDEO_DVD" -r 30000/1001 -vcodec mpeg4 -vb 1620000 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 720x480 -aspect 4:3 -deinterlace -y "C:\Users\Home\Desktop\Skinner.avi"'.
>>> ParsePES, #1268 : unexpected stream type A0
Reason:   __fail(  )

Last edited:
Shikou R:0 (Clear case)

Shikou R:0 (Clear case)
Main Movie DTS Track
DivX
All Extras rip fine
Movie rips fine with NON-DTS track

Code:
File 2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -sid 0 -spuaa 2 -ifo "J:\Videos\0\0 DVD\SHIKOKU\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.ifo" -ffourcc DIVX -af volume=0 -of avi -noodml -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1620:abitrate=128:threads=4 -lameopts cbr:br=128 -vf pp=fd,scale=720:480,harddup -aspect 1.777778 -info name="VIDEO_DVD" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Users\Home\Desktop\SHIKOKU.avi" 232 TCE

Encoder output:

WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:480[1.50] but encoded as 1.777778:1[1.78].
DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -sid 32 -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 4 -f avi -vtag DIVX -fflags +noodml -metadata title="VIDEO_DVD" -r 30000/1001 -vcodec mpeg4 -vb 1620000 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 128000 -se -spal "J:\Videos\0\0 DVD\SHIKOKU\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.ifo" -s 720x480 -aspect 16:9 -deinterlace -y "C:\Users\Home\Desktop\SHIKOKU.avi"'.
>>> ParsePES, #1268 : unexpected stream type 89
Reason:   __fail(  )

All changes are available as patches from [url]http://oss.slysoft.com[/url]

interested then please contact us at [email]support@slysoft.com[/email]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back