• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please make an option to disable "noise gate" on ac3 encoder !!!

wedok

when volume reaches a very low level ac3 encoder stops to encode.
it sounds like some kind of "noise gate" is used.
this sounds absolute bad.
for example when i play an ac3 test file instead of hearing "frontleft, center, frontright" i hear "*click*rontleft*click*, *click*enter*click*, *click*rontright*click*"

please make an option to disable this noise gate mechanism.

thx

Last edited:
is reclock development dead ?
this is the only real non working thing in reclock and i hope for a fix.

is reclock development dead ?
this is the only real non working thing in reclock and i hope for a fix.

1.) No
2.) There can't be an option because
3.) There is no noise gate.

What you see (hear) is the audio data stream starting / stopping.
Feel free to test it by playing one hour of silence. :)

any clue why this is ?

i use mpc hc and dvbviewer and with both its the same.

here is a list of the loaded filters:

Filters currently loaded:
- ReClock Audio Renderer
- Video Mixing Renderer 7 (windowed)
- Audio Switcher
- LAV Video Decoder (internal)
- LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
- LAV Splitter Source (internal)

the output is an ati hdmi audio of a hd 4670.

my reclock config:
http://abload.de/img/reclock1b9urp.jpg
http://abload.de/img/reclock2thuv1.jpg
http://abload.de/img/reclock3agu10.jpg

its because i want to feed my avr with ac3 which is at the end of the line.
cpu > hdmi > tv > toslink > avr (older one without hdmi, etc).

bitstream works perfect but then i cant change framerate with reclock.
i always use 24p to 25p.

i tried it with a realtek alc889 spdif out and there all is fine.
it really seems to be the amd/ati hdmi out shit.
but why the hell does it act like a noise gate ? :)

There was a bug at one point with ATI's HDMI output where it would stop the HDMI audio stream when it would detect silence, but this was fixed in later drivers and anyway it should only happen with PCM out, not AC3 bitstream. Is your ATI HDMI driver up to date?

I've got a 4650 and I use HDMI out, do you have a link to a sample file so I can test if I have the same problem?

now i tested an asus xonar u3 usb soundcard and with this card 2 channel encodes work but 5.1 ac3 encodes silence. nothing.
ac3 5.1 bitstream work.
is it possible that the ac3 encoder used in reclock is incompatible with some cards/drivers ?
otherwise this xonar u3 card has dolby digital live and so u dont need reclocks ac3enc.

@el filou. i use windows xp with latest realtek ati hdmi audio driver.
i just have to lower the volume of mpc hc classic and when volume is low enough it starts to dropout.

Have you tried the ATI/AMD driver (the one that comes with Catalyst package) instead of the Realtek?
What you're experiencing sounds very much like the "silent stream" bug where the Radeon would stop the sound stream when no audio was playing and it would cause the AVR to miss sound samples when the Radeon opened the stream again. It's just weird that it's happening with AC3.

with amd driver also nothing.
also with amd driver i can only use 1 sound source at the same time (no full duplex?)
for example winamp plays music and mpc-hc says no audio device available so 100%² lame. :)

the thing is bitstreaming ac3 and dts works like a charm and there is still sound on low volumes.
but the ac3 stream from reclock drops out on low volumes which is also some kind of bitstream, or ?

so why does bitstream a work and bitstream b not ?

Last edited:
after some more testings i must make some things clear.

1. it works with xonar u3.
2. my samsung c650 tv is the bad guy.

either when i stream reclock encoded 2.0 or 5.1 ac3 via ati hdmi (realtek ati hdmi driver) to samsung tv or when i inject reclocks ac3 via xonars/realteks spdif into hdmi (ligawo dvi+spdif to hdmi) i get theese dropouts.
xonars and realteks native dolby digital live ac3 via hdmi injection makes no problem with my samsung tv.
reclock ac3 via xonars/realteks spdif directly to my denon avr = no problem.

so the ac3encoder in reclock is incompatible with samsung c series tv. i bet that other newer samsung tvs also make problems.

Back