• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please improve you ordering process

dannyz

Here is what I went through:
1. I was charged twice for a single license on 2016-06-06. $98.96 (the number quoted on the order form) and $100.16

2. I filled out your web form and it said someone would contact me within 48 hours

3. After 48 hours, with no response, I posted my description of the problem in this Licensing forum

4. That thread was quickly frozen with a final post telling me to submit another web form to the same place that had not responded.

5. I received a new credit card from my bank on 2016-06-08 for the "stolen" credit card. I updated 6 auto-payment accounts with the new CC number.

6. 2016-06-18 I received a response to my first and only web form post saying "This "fraudulent charge" was indeed our charge, sorry ... When you say you cancelled your card, what exactly do you mean, did you place a charge-back?"

I appreciate that you are restarting the business and there will be glitches.

Please consider:
1. Change the "within 48 hours" support form text to a maximum you will beat in 99% of the submissions.

2. Charging a customer a different amount than was presented on the web order form causes chaos. You need to fix this - mandate a method that every processor must use so your customers see a consistent price each day regardless of which vendor is selected.

3. Fix duplicate charges.

On duplicate charges, here's my guess at the root cause for my case. My first attempt to order was rejected by Bank of America as a Suspicious charge from outside the US. I called their fraud department and confirmed that the charge was legitimate. I tried to get them to rescind the rejection of the charge to my card, but they said they couldn't and I would have to resubmit my order. The important point here is that I was not able to "just call my bank" and get the payment to go through. I had to resubmit it.

I do wish you well, but it took 4 hours of additional time for me to buy your product. Not good.

Redfox1 - please read this and consider improvements

Redfox 1 is as i am, "just" a moderator. We have no control over the billing process. Regarding your second suggestion, that is already the case. On the final page 4/4 you get presented with the amount redfox charged and the notion that your BANK may charge a foreign currency conversion tax. That extra tax goes to the bank, not redfox.

I'll tag @Ivan @Jill Anderson in this so they can look into the issue.

The main thing is, you got your license so the "trouble" is over. Welcome to the club :)

@Ch3vr0n: Thanks for tagging...

@dannyz ,
First of all my apologies for the trouble and the delay with our email support. Currently they are still 2-3 days behind, until Friday they'll be "à jour".
I identified your ticket and took it over. I am not part of the support team, but (unfortunately) at the end the responsible person for all kind of payment problems.

In some rare cases (about 7 times in last 3 weeks), our payment service provider (PSP) gives us a wrong information about a transaction state and flags a transaction as failed, even if the client got charged. This drives me crazy (and I guess the customers as well). I have to investigate each issue manually, so I need a copy of your credit card statement with both charges. I'll send you a request in a minute by email.

You are 100% right with whatever you mentioned in your post above, and I work hard to get our PSP in Asia to a point where we all can live with.

Thank you for supporting us and for your post which is written in a very friendly manner (even though you must be very upset),

Ivan

Ivan,

Yes I was upset. I had nothing to gain, I was trying to describe a defect I encountered in your order process. I wasn't asking for a discount or a refund, I was posting because I'd been ignored on my request to Support. I was attacked in return with specious arguments. Most of all by Redfox1 who caused the thread to be frozen and then deleted it. He ordered me to go through Support, ignoring the fact that I had already tried that with no response.

That said, you were polite in your private note to me and I was rude with my response.

Yes I will help you and send you all the information I have.

Dan

Thanks Dan, you are my hero!

RedFox 1 is a very humble person, helping us day and night for free as a volunteer moderator. The moderators have our full backup whatever they do - even if they are wrong and we never interfere in their job. The mods don't know about payment problems and can't assist. Only our support team is able to help with payment problems - unfortunately they are experiencing an ultra high amount of support requests these days and not all support staff made the transition to RedFox, so we have a huge backlog in our ticket system.

I checked the closed thread and I couldn't find anything rude, just a message to contact support. Maybe just a misunderstanding.

I was rude with my response.
Hehe, don't worry, my skin is thick...

Back