• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please help Sony AW-G170A wont burn disc

davidfazey

I have a Sony AW-G170a DVD burner and I am having trouble burning on Fortis DVD+R 8x double layer discs. I get the following error message; writing to Sony DVD RW AW-G170a failed! Clone CD starts to burn but after 3 seconds it goes straight to 100% followed by the error message. I have previously used the Fortis 2.4x discs without any problems at all. I have tried updating the firmware of the drive to 1.73 and re installed the IDE Bus Master Controller neither of these seem to have made any difference. Any advice you may have will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dave

My guess would be your burner's firmware needs updated for 8X DL write protocol if one exists for it. You might try one at 2.4X just to see.

Thanks for the generic Verbatim reply!! I know those disc's work that wasn't my question. The Fortis disc's work in the Pioneer 112D burner and was wondering if anyone could help with my burner. As for the other reply please read my original post.

I did read your original post and there is not much information to go on. I made a couple assumptions: you can burn 2.4X discs on that drive at 2.4X, but you can’t burn 8X discs at 8X on the same drive. You updated the firmware to 1.73 but that update may or may not have included the 8X DL write protocol, you don't tell us. If that drive will write the 8X media at 2.4X then it’s probably safe to assume that writing a dual layer disc at 8X is beyond the limitation of that drive. Based on the precious little information you give, that’s the best I can offer.

The only reason I mentioned the 8x part is because that is the only difference between these Fortis disc's and the old ones I have used. I have tried all speeds from 8x down to 2.4x. The burner's original firmware allows it to burn 8x on dual layer disc's. I appreciate your response to my question but I would rather somebody who knew what they were talking about replied.

Back