• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please help, Noob questions

BigKahuna

Hi,

I've been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for about a year now. I have ripped hundreds of DVDs to place on my Home Theater PC. Works great, never have a problem.

Now that the war is over for high def I want to add BluRay to my HTPC. So, here are my questions...

Assume I upgrade AnyDVD to AnyDVD-HD.

1. If I just go to Fry's and pick up a BluRay player will my HTPC running Vista magically play BluRay disks? Or do I need drivers? My preferred method of playing movies is via "My Movies" within Media Center. Will this work for BluRay?

2. I think I'd prefer to rip BluRay movies to my hard disk. I have about 1.2 terabytes free. Is it safe to assume they'll consume about 40 gig each?

3. Will I be able to play these HD movies directly in My Movies once ripped? Or will I need a different player outside of Media Center?

4. Is BluRay completely cracked like DVDs? In other words can I be confident that I can rip/play any BluRay disk using AnyDVD-HD or will it be a hit and miss thing?

Thanks, in advance, for helping a loyal AnyDVD customer.

Hello

1. If I just go to Fry's and pick up a BluRay player will my HTPC running Vista magically play BluRay disks? Or do I need drivers? My preferred method of playing movies is via "My Movies" within Media Center. Will this work for BluRay?

Vista will install all drivers required to watch and copy blu-ray Movie. Including UDF 2.5 file system driver.

Media Center won’t Play Blu-ray. On the other hand Cyberlink Powerdvd ultra does.

2. I think I'd prefer to rip BluRay movies to my hard disk. I have about 1.2 terabytes free. Is it safe to assume they'll consume about 40 gig each?

Allocate about 50 Gb each disk. To be safe.

Some movies are 25 gb other are 50 gb

3. Will I be able to play these HD movies directly in My Movies once ripped? Or will I need a different player outside of Media Center?

See Answer 1. Note: Power DVD Ultra 3319a is last version to play from hard drive.Version later than that require mounting of image file.

4. Is BluRay completely cracked like DVDs? In other words can I be confident that I can rip/play any BluRay disk using AnyDVD-HD or will it be a hit and miss thing?

Write know it is cat and mouse game, or in other words it is like virus and antivirus definition updates scheme. For most part you should be able to play and copy almost all titles. But With some new title you have to wait.
Note: occasionally Anydvd may ask you to connect to internet if you don’t or can’t newer title decryption won’t happen for time being. It is required to perform decryption of title whose database is not in Anydvd. (James or Slysoft Member can help clear in more detail)

Thanks, in advance, for helping a loyal AnyDVD customer.

You computer should also meet minimum requirement. Here is link go figure.

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/support/bdhd_support/system_requirement.jsp

Hope it helps!!

Back