• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please help: Media error message

Pioneer DVR-112D Dual Layer 18X DVD Burner, Support 10X DL DVD media,Black Color

Well, a lot of people seem to like that burner. However, it does not support bitsetting +R media. You would need to crossflash to the 112L (you would need to use 112L firmware). And if you do that I'm pretty sure you'd be voiding your burner's warranty.

I am not fond of recommending burners.

Well, a lot of people seem to like that burner. However, it does not support bitsetting +R media. You would need to crossflash to the 112L (you would need to use 112L firmware). And if you do that I'm pretty sure you'd be voiding your burner's warranty.

I am not fond of recommending burners.

What about the Pioneer 111? Is it set for +R media? Or the Benq? (providing I can get ahold of one)

Again you would need to crossflash to 111L (I'm pretty sure).

GIVING THE PROBLEMS I AM CURRENTLY HAVING WITH MY PLEXTOR 716-A (I THINK), SHOULD I JUST GO TO THE 760? MONEY ISN'T THE WORRY, JUST DURABILITY.

ALSO, YOU STATED THAT THE PIONEER WOULD NEED TO BE CROSS FLASHED TO BURN TO +R? WHAT ABOUT THIS:

Burn, watch, listen: Pioneer gives you all three options with the DVR-112D DVD burner. Multi-format compatibility with all CD and DVD media including dual layer DVDs gives you the widest choice of media for your project.

The Liquid Crystal Tilt/Blur Compensator balances warped discs for better writing and playback quality. Quiet Drive Technology reduces the noise level of audio and video playback while also delivering increased writing reliability.

This high speed drive writes at 18X to DVD±R, 10X to Dual Layer DVD±R and 40X to CD-R giving you time to do other tasks.

THIS IS THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION FROM NEW EGG.......OR ARE WE TALKING ABOUT TWO DIFFERENT THINGS?

GIVING THE PROBLEMS I AM CURRENTLY HAVING WITH MY PLEXTOR 716-A (I THINK), SHOULD I JUST GO TO THE 760? MONEY ISN'T THE WORRY, JUST DURABILITY.

I have a PX-760a, and I like it a lot. However, if the issue is something on your system, then getting a new burner won't necessarily resolve anything.

ALSO, YOU STATED THAT THE PIONEER WOULD NEED TO BE CROSS FLASHED TO BURN TO +R?

No. I said the Pioneer 112D and 111D would need to be crossflashed to the L version of those burners to supporting bitsetting for +R media.

visit http://www.dvdplusrw.org/Article.asp?mid=0&sid=2&aid=42

I have a PX-760a, and I like it a lot. However, if the issue is something on your system, then getting a new burner won't necessarily resolve anything.

No. I said the Pioneer 112D and 111D would need to be crossflashed to the L version of those burners to supporting bitsetting for +R media.

visit http://www.dvdplusrw.org/Article.asp?mid=0&sid=2&aid=42

You are right.....I remember you saying that maybe the plextor firmware and something to do with anydvd/clonedvd are not happy together; I might try another brand of burner and see what happens?

I understand about the bitsetting now.......I change the bitsetting manually to dvd-rom using the Nero software, so I should be good if I go with the Pioneer, right?

Thanks so much

PS. When do you ever sleep?

I understand about the bitsetting now.......I change the bitsetting manually to dvd-rom using the Nero software, so I should be good if I go with the Pioneer, right?

No, because the Pioneer 112D does not support bitsetting for +R media. It only supports bitsetting for +R DL media.

You would need to crossflash to 112L.

No, because the Pioneer 112D does not support bitsetting for +R media. It only supports bitsetting for +R DL media.

You would need to crossflash to 112L.

So, even if I am changing the bitsetting to dvd-rom, Still won't work? I understand changing the firmware to 112L and voiding warranty.......If I elect to do this, it's easy, right? Simply downloading the appropriate firmware? or do I have to be a Jedi-computer guy?

But, according to the following link you gave me, it says that if I manually change the bitsetting to dvd-rom (w/ nero, etc...), I should be able to make the 111 or 112 work. yeah or neah?

http://www.dvdplusrw.org/Article.asp?mid=0&sid=2&aid=42

No. Your burner's firmware either supports bitsetting changes or it doesn't. Telling Nero or another program to change your booktype won't work unless your burner's firmware supports that feature first.

one more favor, Webslinger!

No. Your burner's firmware either supports bitsetting changes or it doesn't. Telling Nero or another program to change your booktype won't work unless your burner's firmware supports that feature first.

I think I am going to try the Pioneer 111 or 112 and change the firmware. Can you do me 2 favors? Please provide me the link detailing how to change the firmware; safely. And, can you provide me the link that details how to change my 40 wire to 80 wire. I need to make sure I have them set up correctly prior to changing out burners.

Thank you so very much.

Micah

PS

What do you think about this one......LG GSA-H42N. Will it support w/out flashing the firmware?

I think I am going to try the Pioneer 111 or 112 and change the firmware. Can you do me 2 favors? Please provide me the link detailing how to change the firmware; safely. And, can you provide me the link that details how to change my 40 wire to 80 wire. I need to make sure I have them set up correctly prior to changing out burners.

Thank you so very much.

Micah

I've already linked to the information for the 112 in my previous post. I doubt you're going to find a 111 anywhere.

As for the cable, you just remove (pull the connectors away) or push them in, and I've already posted which ends go where:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=38905&postcount=17

Last edited:
You mean without crossflashing . . .

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/LG-...VD-Writer-Review/Disc-Writing-Technology.html

"The LG GSA-H42N supports bitsetting, and as default will write DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD+R DL media with DVD-ROM book type, the drive does not remember your Book Type setting so you will need to change it every time."

I know that you don't like to recommend burners, but what do you think about the LG as compared to the Pioneer. I like that I don't have to crossflash......can I go wrong either way?

I know that you don't like to recommend burners, but what do you think about the LG as compared to the Pioneer. I like that I don't have to crossflash......can I go wrong either way?

I've never used that LG burner, so I definitely can't be recommending something I've never used.

I've never used that LG burner, so I definitely can't be recommending something I've never used.

OK......I was just wondering what you've heard. Either way it's my decision, so I wasn't planning on holding you responsible; just hoping you'd gained enough info to have a feeling. Anyway; thanks for all of your help.

Back