• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please enable "CROP" to eliminate top and botton black bars!

I would definitely be a fan of this because in my case, I'm compressing for iPhone. Iphone has the ability to zoom in and out to view either the entire video, or to crop the top and bottom bars on it's own (while sacrificing a bit of the sides of the movie). When the video is encoded with the black bars in the top and bottom of the video file, iPhone no longer allows this zoom feature because it thinks you're already zoomed to the perfect resolution (480x320). If you leave the letterbox setting set to none, the video gets output with no bars, but then the video is too large horizontally, and iPhone won't zoom all the way in then because it's just too much bars at the top and bottom to expand.

+1 for crop.

am I totaly ignored on this board for a reason.

I have asked two questions on this board and each time I get NO responce. Someone else asks the same question and everybody talks about it. I dont get it. Anyways Yes please include this feature! I have been making PSP movies for a long time and I always cropped of the bars with my last program. It enables you to be able to stretch the picture to full screen on the PSP if the black bars are there you cannot go full screen. I do not like cropping off the sides!

"Avi.Net"

Hello,

You might want to consider a freeware called Avi.net. Just compress your movies to .avi after cropping them in avi.net software. Then transcode to psp or other .mp4 format....great results can be obtained.. just a thought...

Slysoft developer Fernando has already stated that autocropping of black bars is one of the features to be implemented in the next revision of CDM, which is due any day now. Be patient for a little longer ;)

Awesome! I don't mind the black bars, but for some reason, in Windows Media center, the bars seem to float in lighter (black) background.

autocropping of black bars
will there be an option i wonder to slightly "over crop",as when i use auto cropping (via divx converter) on my videos,it always seems to leave a little black bar/edge to the video (just a few pixels wide) on at least 3 sides.
auto cropping doesn't seem to be 100% accurate when i've used it.
to eliminate these black edges,i edit videos in ulead video studio,then slightly over crop all 4 sides which gives me video edge to egde (top,bottom,left,right),then when i convert with divx converter it doesn't need cropping again.
if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Actually this HAS been requested by many to be in the next stage of CDVDm
and I believe it has been at least hinted at that it will be as profcolli has stated.

I for one as well am looking forward to having this feature. Tho I certainly want to see the A/V synch problem gone before anything else :)

i cant see a 'cropping tool' being used in clonedvdmobile any time soon.
this is the first time i've seen it mentioned here.
SlySoft will need many people requesting this feature if it is to be considered worth implementing in a future release.
anthing that will keep files sizes down is a good thing i agree.

what are SlySoft's thoughts on this?..................

Actually this HAS been requested by many to be in the next stage of CDVDm
and I believe it has been at least hinted at that it will be as profcolli has stated.

I for one as well am looking forward to having this feature. Tho I certainly want to see the A/V synch problem gone before anything else :)
Patience is a virtue - nudge, nudge, ;) ;)

Back